My Stage 1 Results (warning: pictures in minimal clothing)

Options
I am super stoked to have completed something like this!! I have started other programs but have NEVER finished them. I love this board and the support I have received from all of you ladies!! So, first things first - THANK YOU for introducing me to the NROL4W!!

I started this program with the intention of building muscle but I have learned so much more about my body, what it can do, and how to make it work better. I was VERY surprised by the number on the scale...It increased 5lbs!! I was shocked but determined not to get discouraged. I continued my workouts and in the end I have only gained a couple. I started at 124, increased to 129, then yesterday morning was 25.5. I am totally ok with that. I have learned so much about fitness and my muscle fibers that I am willing to have a high number on the scale for less inches, less body fat (eventually), and more muscle.

Also know that I did not follow the food plan or the calories eaten each day, not because I was intentionally doing a cut - more so because I just eat what I want and move on...but sometimes it was still only 1400 a day. Now, do I think if I truly ate the exact meals and calorie surplus would I have bigger gains - probably. But I am totally OK with the way it worked out so far. I tried to keep my protein at least 125g a day and a 40/30/30 ratio.

On to measurements:
July 9, 2012 / August 23, 2012
Bust - 34 34
Chest - 31 29.5
Waist - 29 28
Hips - 37.5 37
Thighs - 21 20
Calves - 14 13.5
Upper Arm - 11 11
Forearm - 9.5 9.75

Finally after all of that "talking"...here are my pictures (my husband took the originals but he is at work this morning so I had to do them myself. The lighting a little different)...

IMG_8886.jpgIMG_9570.jpg

IMG_8885.jpgIMG_9571.jpg

IMG_8884.jpgIMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9573.jpgIMG_9574.jpg

edited: Sorry about the HUGE pictures!! I have resized them to 320x320 on Photobucket but it is not showing on my computer. Are they HUGE on yours? I have tried to clear my cache & history in hopes of showing up differently but no such luck.

edited: I checked them on my iPad and they look fine - even have the writing on them to show the date difference. Oh, and I am not trying to show you a huge picture of my butt - it is supposed to show my calves (I heart them!!).

Replies

• 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    wow!!! you look fabulous!!!!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your arms, abs & shoulders look amazing! :)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    OOps, I forgot my Workout A & B stats:

Here we go...all in LBS.

Squats: 45 - 125
    Pushups: regular - T+8# dumbbells
    Seated Row: 20 - 45
    Stepups: 20 - 50
    PJackknife: practiced good form and tried to hold a plank in between each rep

Deadlifts: 45 - 135
    Shoulder Press: 25# dumbbells each hand
    Wide-Lat Pulldown: 20 - 77.5
    Lunges: 20 - 70 (using a barbell)
    Swissball Crunch: stupid - hated it - did Prone Jackknife instead (but did manage to do a couple sets in the beginning using a 15# medicine ball over head - just didn't feel I was working my abs as much as my shoulders/back...not sure I was doing it right)

I am pretty sure I started on the lower end of the scale on somethings but I wanted to get a feel for the exercise and the form.

I am hoping to continue to improve!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OMG Amanda!!!! Look at you!!! You are totally gorgeous!! And look at those stats!!! BEAUTIFUL!! So happy for you!

ETA I want your legs!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,978 Member
    Options
    Really well done....it's only the end of Stage 1 and you are looking AMAZING. NROL4W is such a great program - you'll LOVE IT!
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OOps, I forgot my Workout A & B stats:

Here we go...all in LBS.

Squats: 45 - 125
    Pushups: regular - T+8# dumbbells
    Seated Row: 20 - 45
    Stepups: 20 - 50
    PJackknife: practiced good form and tried to hold a plank in between each rep

Deadlifts: 45 - 135
    Shoulder Press: 25# dumbbells each hand
    Wide-Lat Pulldown: 20 - 77.5
    Lunges: 20 - 70 (using a barbell)
    Swissball Crunch: stupid - hated it - did Prone Jackknife instead (but did manage to do a couple sets in the beginning using a 15# medicine ball over head - just didn't feel I was working my abs as much as my shoulders/back...not sure I was doing it right)

I am pretty sure I started on the lower end of the scale on somethings but I wanted to get a feel for the exercise and the form.

I am hoping to continue to improve!

You are proof that weights kick butt. Only stage 1 and already those great results!! Getting so cut!! :) Congrats on all the increases in your weightlifting too! That's awesome!!! :)
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Amanda you look fantastic girl!!!!
    I notice the biggest changes in your back, arms and abs, your tush is lifted and I do love you calves too :heart:
    ok ok so your whole dam body has been upgraded. lol. Awesome job!
    Lower end of the scale my @ss! you ROCKED IT from start to finish!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! You all have been my inspiration to try so hard!! Thanks for helping me through my journey & more to come!!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm in the middle of stage 1 right now and I haven't measure yet, but I do see the scale flunctuating two pounds heavier than usual, so I'm trying to not focus on it. I really needed to hear your story today :flowerforyou: . Your definition is inspiring, and I'm hoping once I finish I can brag too. I will say one area I've already noticed a change is my butt, so I'll definately be showing mine off when its time. It's way more lifted and round, even hubby has noticed :blushing: Your calves, legs and butt look fabulous btw.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'm jealous of your very well defined abs!

Can I ask how tall you are? Just curious because we have VERY similar stats (weight and measurements). I'm finishing up Stage 1 next week and I can't wait to take my "after" pics and see the difference.
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At the end of the first stage, you already have the abs I hope to have by the end of the whole program!! I am in stage 4 now. You look amazing!! Have you done a lifting program before?
  • twinkletoes66
    twinkletoes66 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! I started stage 1 today ! You made me super excited to see results now :) x:happy:
  • Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    You are getting some serious definition! I wish I just looked like your before pics- your after pics are amazing!
    Way to go!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You looked GREAT before, but you look PHENOMENAL now! Great job! Excited to see your end results in a few months!! :)
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you looked great to start and you look amazing now!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable difference! Keep it up!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What fantastic results! Nothing like these sort of pics to keep the rest of us motivated!