Hey guys new user friends needed

Options
browntoker
browntoker Posts: 27 Member
I just joined the site and the group. Im looking to lose weight and build some muscle! Add me so we can motivate each other and give advice on strength training and such, 18 years old by the way-send me a request or reply and I will send one.
Thanks

Replies

• donkarlitos
    donkarlitos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as you -- Ill add you. What strength training program are you using? I just started reading Starting Strength.. and my mind is being blown by the amount of information in that book.
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just joined - I am starting the p90x on 8/20, so I'll let you know how that works. I am doing that combined with the Primal Blueprint lifestyle change, so I'll keep everyone posted as to how that is working out!
  • ShadowLark
    ShadowLark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I heard the Primal blueprint was a major lifestyle change for folks and their eating habbits. Good luck, would love to hear your feed back.
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had done primal before, and lost steadily down from 330 to 270-ish. Then, well, life happens and I was eating things that I should't,, and BLAM - up to 311. The transition back to primal is harder on my fiancee than it is me - she is a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef, and the carbs are a big part of that style (french) cooking. Plus her other favorite food style is southern, so yeah. I am trying as of now to avoid the processed as much as possible and keep carbs below 75g a day, below 50g if I can. The first few weeks are the hardest, as is eating out. But it CAN be done.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Feel free to add me...anyone. Also, check out the group "The Royal Order of Middle Aged Fat Men" - Great bunch of guys there!
  • Shfiftyfive
    Options
    In the same boat as you -- Ill add you. What strength training program are you using? I just started reading Starting Strength.. and my mind is being blown by the amount of information in that book.

Starting Strength should be a staple for anyone who wants to start lifting. Even if you don't follow the program (I couldn't take all the squatting), it has to be the best and most detailed description and instructions for how to perform the basic barbell lifts.
  • bigknight78
    Options
    Have been using MFP myself for a while, then stopped. But back to it now, hoping to get into the best shape of my life. Have finally decided to take a leap of faith and join some groups on here, to hopefully get inspired, and maybe inspire other people going through a similar situation.

I do play amateur American Football here in the UK, but I am heading to the end of my career, so it is time to drop some weight, save the knees, ready for when I hang up the helmet & pads.

With regards to my training, I am no powerlifter, but I am following Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 programme. It is so straight forward to follow, with all the lifts calculated as a % of your 1RM, with assistance work to help you improve. Plus I am doing twice a week a father/son MMA class with my son, so I am getting more cardio with that than I ever thought I could handle. Only 2 weeks into it, and I've managed to keep up with the tempo of the class so far.

So anyone who wants to add, feel free to do so.