Sugar Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• cr1111dn
    cr1111dn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi, my name is clara and i'm a sugar addict as well! it works for me drink black coffee (without any sugar added) instead. also hot chocolate made from sugar-free cocoa powder and hot water is good, because it has a bitter taste. but mostly i just try to keep sweets out of sight if possible!:)
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have the same problem... I cannot go more than one week without having some kind of sugar (donuts,cupcakes,icing...). That is why I rejoined mfp... For me the cravings happen at night after an entire day of eating healthy. My nutritionist told me to eat more carbs at dinner. I tried it this past week and it worked well. Unfortunately, I was only able to actually do it 3 out of the 7 days. My nutritionist also told me eat to eat a piece of fruit or chew gum before I go to bed. We should make a group to do like a month or something binge/sugar free.
  • Dimpszz
    Dimpszz Posts: 40
    Options
    We should make a group to do like a month or something binge/sugar free.

I completely agree. I'm okay at avoiding sugar until I get to work. I work with children so my downfall is during their snack time. I am surrounded with FREE yummy snacks provided for us by the school so the temptation is awful.
    What has help me overcome the temptation is bringing my own tasty healthy snacks.
  • NikeBody
    NikeBody Posts: 12
    Options
    Never use to care about sweets when I was younger. I use to hate cake, sweet candies, and especially cookies. But now that I'm older I love cakes, cookies, and bakery items (especially the carrot cake and walnut cookies at Veggie Grill). My temptation at the moment are vegan energy bars. I've resisted them for the past couples of days, and I'm proud of that. I notice if I keep sweet fruits around the house, and when I'm out, I'll indulge in those instead. Like sweet strawberries, bananas, grapes, nectarines, and dates.
  • white_amanda
    white_amanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was a coplete sugar addict until I did 5 x day, Phase 1 of the Harcombe diet. For 5 days you eat vegetables and real food - eggs, fresh meat etc. no fruit, dairy, coffee, processed foods, any packed game with any sugars etc. Just water and herbal tea for drinks.

In 5 days you will have no cravings for sugar sweets or cookies etc.

It works and you lose many pounds too!
  • markovicj
    markovicj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in that club too!

What I'm trying to do is pick one event/month where I can indulge my sweet tooth. Also, I eat 85% Green & Black's organic chocolate, a few squares every day to keep me satisfied. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. ; )
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i love sugar with a passion im an addict but now that im trying to loose weight im no eating as much and im so happy but i got a secret weapon i take cinamon pills 3 time a day with my meals it keep sugar level steady which is great it works i also stop drinking diet soda and my ice coffe i make it my self this is how i make it

1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
    2cups of flavor coffe(which has no sugar anyflavor u like)
    lots of ice and 2equal or splenda

ur gonna love it and only 25cal to die for enjoy
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i also make my own ice teas so i brew green, white or black tea and mix it with flavor teas like mango, passionfruit, starwberry, peach, blueberry teas i love the brand of (the tea republic) great flavors u let it cool of and put ur favor fruits in it and lots ice herbal teas are great for addicts like us
  • IronhicNicky
    Options
    I found that Herbalife, "Snack Defense" helps out alot with my sugar cravings. They are normally out of control. When i take the Snack Defense, it really helps.
    i just got it a few days ago.
  • fairglenn
    fairglenn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also love sugar - I had reeses today! I try to eat it in moderation, I don't deny myself. That helps a ton :) Some days are worse than others, but they don't shame me. Moderation.
  • bauerluv
    Options
    WALK AWAY is like exercise! You can burn 120 calories in 5 seconds flat :). Or 300+ calories, depending on how many chocolate chip cookies you normally indulge in.:laugh:

I NEED to remember this. As I sit here with a cookie. I have a terrible addiction too
  • babydoll315
    babydoll315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally can relate to this and this is probably my biggest addiciton as well. Since starting MFP I have been able to somehat manage this but I know that sooner or later the binge will happen.

I try to let myself have a little bit of something, but I also notice that I am an emotional eater. As long as I am not stressed or unhappy, I will be fine but once the tables turn, it's over. That is what I need to learn to control!
  • nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS. This post. Today we had a food day at my office where people brought in treats and goodies for another co-workers birthday. I typically have amazing self control and don't participate, but today was exceptionally different and it all started with a 1/2 slice of banana bread. The half slice turned into 2 full slices. I managed to skip my 2 snacks all together today to compensate for my afternoon of binge eating which included chips/cheese dip/brownies/strawberry cheesecake/cream cheese studel thing.

It's the worst feeling to feel so defeated. Especially when I have 10 lbs to go. Does anybody know of any good books about acceptance. Sometimes you just need to eat bad, I get that, but my sweet tooth is making me feel bad ALL THE TIME. I love self help or feel good books that would help with the confidence boost send recommendations my way.