Where y'all at?

Options
BABetter1
BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
Is everyone still at it? Not a lot of posting going on in this group lately. I finished week 5 day 2 today. I feel great. I was worried about the 8 minute runs on this day, but I made it through without too much trouble. Now, I'm nervous about the 20 minute run coming up next time, but I feel sure I can do it. I'm getting better (better breathing, less muscle fatigue, faster time) each time I do it. Just wanted to share because I am proud!!

Some of you have probably finished the app by now and maybe moved on to a new app (10k, 1/2 marathon?). Just wondered how everyone is doing.

Replies

• sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I finished Week 8 Day 2 today. I think I'll stick with 5K running for a while before moving on to 10K. I really need to work on my pace. Right now it's taking me about 16 to 17 mins to run a mile. Like you, I'm just proud I've been able to make it this far.
  • BABetter1
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm thinking the same thing. Once I finish the C25K, I think I'll just work on increasing my pace for a while and maybe adding a 4th run each week. But, I can totally see myself upping the ante and maybe starting a 10k training app eventually.:happy: I'm really loving running.:heart:
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last day today:-) I still can't believe I made it, especially with struggling with some of the earlier runs. Now to get my speed up!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last day today:-) I still can't believe I made it, especially with struggling with some of the earlier runs. Now to get my speed up!

Congrats!
  • asystolern
    asystolern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i actually finished the program and am redoing it at a faster pace now. im on w3d2 for the second time :)
  • BABetter1
    Options
    Wow, I did Week 5 Day 3 yesterday. I have to confess, for the first time since I started the program, I wasn't able to complete the full run without stopping. I was 12 minutes into the 20 minute run when I had to stop and walk for 30-45 seconds so I could catch my breath. I'm a little disappointed. Plus, my legs/shins were/are quite sore last night and this morning. I think I'm going to take an extra rest day. Normally, I would run again on Thursday, but I'm going to wait until Friday to go again. Sheesh that was tough.
  • Neondragonfly
    Neondragonfly Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I did Week 1 Day 1 about 4-5 months ago. Not proud of myself. I found it to be extremely difficult. My ankles were aching so much that I was worried that I would be able to walk it back home after the session itself.

Still quite weak in the legs and ankles and not too fond of the feeling of my fat jiggling about the place - very off putting.
    So my plan is to lose some weight first before restarting the C25K programme again.
  • BABetter1
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with that. I didn't start until I was a good 20 plus pounds down from my starting weight. But, I have seen some really good suggestions on other topics that you might consider. Instead of doing the C25K to start with, just start walking. And, track your distance, challenging yourself to walk it faster each time. Once you get to the fitness level of being able to walk a few miles per day at a pretty good pace, then start over with C25K.

As for me, I did take that extra rest day in between W5D3 and W6D1. I was so sore, I just knew I better take the extra day. And yesterday, when I did W6D1, I still wasn't quite sure I shouldn't have taken another rest day. But, by the time I finished it, I felt better, and I'm substantially less sore today. I'm actually looking forward to W6D2. :happy:
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 6 Day 3. I also went back and restarted with a faster pace. I am around 10 to 12 minutes per mile from 15 minutes per mile.
  • barbcouperus
    barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started week 8, day 1 today... I'm running for 28 minutes in a ROW!! It's amazing to me considering a few weeks ago, I struggled with 5 minutes of running. I'm not very fast, but I'm doing it and that's what's important I think.
  • naddi9
    naddi9 Posts: 26
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll start with Week 4. At the moment 5 minutes seem so looooong, but so did three minutes and I managed that. We'll see :)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Im on W6, as had to take a few breaks, not quite made the 20 min run yet though, so just going to keep trying to up it before moving on.
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just ran Week 2 Day 1 today, so I'm really just beginning it! I tried it once before but gave up at the 5 week mark. Really aiming to finish it this time! It's nice to see you guys talking about week 6-8, gives me an idea of what to expect :)