What is your plan??

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
So we have a goal but how are going to achieve it??

My plan:
Exercise: I printed out a calendar to the end of the year and filled in doable but challenging exercises for each day. I will be rotating between running, 30DS, Ripped in 30 days, and Shred it with Weights.

Food: I'm tracking everything, for the first time since gaining some pounds i'm doing both, the diet and the exercise not just one or the other. I've also cut down drinking to the bare minimum....You guys turn!

Replies

• kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am stalled and just getting back on things. I am going to do a morning workout at least 3 times a week (maybe a couple of extra rounds of golf happy ) and manage my food intake better.
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep tracking everything that goes into my mouth. Eat less processed foods and exercise more and get my water intake back up!
  • rbussari
    rbussari Posts: 11
    Options
    My plan is going to continue to be the same!! I run 5 days a week for 30minuetes!! Only thing that is going to change is im going to start runinng for 45mins now!!!Its been working so far!!!:)
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    Working out 6 days a week (running 3 days, cross training 3 days) and eating 1200 cals a day! (Sometimes more if I'm famished but trying to stay under my cal goal!)
  • jniece55
    Options
    My plan is going to continue to be the same!! I run 5 days a week for 30minuetes!! Only thing that is going to change is im going to start runinng for 45mins now!!!Its been working so far!!!:)

That is great!! How far do you run? Do you do strength training as well?
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Plan: I will be re-starting TurboFire and then doing Slim in 6. Also going to try going on more walks.

Food: I have been tracking EVERYTHING...even if it doesnt do me justice. Cut out sodas, drink more water. Watch what I eat better.
  • jniece55
    Options
    Plan: I will be re-starting TurboFire and then doing Slim in 6. Also going to try going on more walks.

Food: I have been tracking EVERYTHING...even if it doesnt do me justice. Cut out sodas, drink more water. Watch what I eat better.

I saw something about TurboFire somewhere else, what is that?? And also what is Slim in 6?
  • rberry313
    rberry313 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

My plan:
    Exercise: I printed out a calendar to the end of the year and filled in doable but challenging exercises for each day. I will be rotating between running, 30DS, Ripped in 30 days, and Shred it with Weights.

Food: I'm tracking everything, for the first time since gaining some pounds i'm doing both, the diet and the exercise not just one or the other. I've also cut down drinking to the bare minimum....You guys turn!

I like your idea about making a calendar with the exercises you will be doing for that day. That will make my life a whole lot easier when I go back to school and won't have the time to think about what I'm going to do for that day; it's already planned and scheduled.

For exercise, I plan to do at least 30 minutes of some type of exercise every day.

For food, I plan on lowering the amount of sweets I eat each week and not eating any carbs past 7 P.M, which tends to be very hard for me to follow but I will for these next 60 days. Also, I plan on continuing to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Supreme 90-Day Challenge, with short evening runs on Tues and Thursday (after I'm done training for my first all-running 5K on 9/1), and a long run on Sundays

Nutrition: I've been flirting with Intermittent Fasting, and I rather like it! I will do one week of the 16/8 eating plan, and then one week of three squares a day (snacking and I do NOT mix). There is also this other "diet" method call the no 'S' diet - no Snacks, no Sweets, and no Seconds - except on days that start with 'S' That also works well for me, so I'll be incorporating some of the methods. Here we go!

Our deadline is Halloween, right?
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I saw something about TurboFire somewhere else, what is that?? And also what is Slim in 6?

TurboFire is a series of dvds that have fun, erergetic cardio and strength training. This includes HIIT workouts. The dvds range anywhere from 15 to 55 mins (give or take).
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/turbofire-workout

Slim in 6 - I havent done this yet or even tried it but I somehow have the DVD lmao. Its a 6 week cardio and light resistance program.
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/slim-in-6-workout/
  • jniece55
    Options

My plan:

I like your idea about making a calendar with the exercises you will be doing for that day. That will make my life a whole lot easier when I go back to school and won't have the time to think about what I'm going to do for that day; it's already planned and scheduled.

For exercise, I plan to do at least 30 minutes of some type of exercise every day.

For food, I plan on lowering the amount of sweets I eat each week and not eating any carbs past 7 P.M, which tends to be very hard for me to follow but I will for these next 60 days. Also, I plan on continuing to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
    [/quote

Thank you! I think that when we have to put too much thought into it, we overthink it and back out! At least for me! I took some time today and planned it all out and won't have to put another thought into it. Plus if something major comes up I know I can move it to a different time but not a different day. It's good to be realistic.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well I'm trying to get myself used to eating less calories and going to try to start cooking healthier meals.
    For my workouts, I've started going for brisk walks at lunch time and I've been doing Winsor Pilates videos at home in the evenings. I'm going to upgrade the videos to the 30 Day Shred starting Saturday and I'll keep my walks.
  • jniece55
    Options
    Well I'm trying to get myself used to eating less calories and going to try to start cooking healthier meals.
    For my workouts, I've started going for brisk walks at lunch time and I've been doing Winsor Pilates videos at home in the evenings. I'm going to upgrade the videos to the 30 Day Shred starting Saturday and I'll keep my walks.

Good for you, I will be adding that in as well so keep me updated on how it goes!
  • cls13594
    Options
    My plan is to watch everything I eat and/or drink, and make sure I track everything. I'm going to start walking more, and continue to do boxing. :)
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do the same, I already track every morsel that touches my lips, and am running every other day...but I'm going to add some strength training on my off running days. I am signed up for 3 5k's between now and mid October.
  • tlspratley
    tlspratley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I plan to track everything goes into my mouth. Whenever I had a bad meal, I didn't really track it, but obviously that's not working for me. And then I had a huge revelation, I had no idea my beloved mai tai's were so caloric! UGH! So, no alcoholic beverages for me during this challenge. I currently work out 3 days a week with a trainer, but will up the ante to work out at least two additional days on my own.
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    My plan is to continue what I have been doing since I joined MFP 30 days ago, but with more exercise and more water, water, WATER. I lost 9lbs in 21 days which I think is pretty darn amazing so I'm definitely doing something right. (almost 1 dress size!!!) Of course, naturally, because nature is evil, things will start to slow down now so I'm going to step it up by working out for harder and longer.
  • gabesmom11211
    Options
    My plan, well....

Continue tracking my entire day of meals and snacks the night before so I know my numbers and as less likely to cheat (they can always be adjusted before you save them at bedtime)

Try my best to up my water intake (I just dont like drinking anything, no matter what it is)

And figure out a way to fit fitness into my hectic schedule :(...... I need some serious motivation people !!!!!