Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I think I have 4/b curls.

20120412_090515-1.jpg

Based on your pic you look like a 3c. 3b in some spots
  • Sapphiredroplet
    Sapphiredroplet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think mine are 3a? Anyone? I love my curls but can only manage dealing with them for a few days before I straighten them. Curly hair is so unpredictable.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I think mine are 3a? Anyone? I love my curls but can only manage dealing with them for a few days before I straighten them. Curly hair is so unpredictable.

Maybe more like 2c, with a 3a here and there :-)
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    4x,y, and z.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    4x,y, and z.

Oh wow!! not x, y and z .though lol. Im sure you're a lil far off
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Here is a pic of my curls. Its a mixture of 3b and 3c.

hairview.jpg
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    I have no idea what curl type I am, I'm thinking somewhere between a 4a-4c :ohwell:

NO CLUE!!! I'm still trying to learn about all this natural hair stuff on my journey!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

If you straighten it regularly, you probably have heat damage and therefore looser curls.

Curly hair is unpredictable if you don't look after it. Once you know how, it's easy.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    1b/1c for me...

Humidity makes it poofy. No humidity & it won't even hold a curl! My hair will fry before taking a perm & doesn't hold color well either. I dyed it jet black once & it faded to my natural reddish-brown in no time.

Is anyone truly ever happy with their hair? Lol I wear mine in a French-twist or braided most of the time as it is down to my hips. Gets into everything & it even has been known to randomly attack people if left on its own. I do wear it loose on occasion though as my husband loves my hair. (he gets attacked the most!)

So love your hair, Ladies! Be kind to it & it will be kind to you.

Much love!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    1b/1c for me...

Humidity makes it poofy. No humidity & it won't even hold a curl! My hair will fry before taking a perm & doesn't hold color well either. I dyed it jet black once & it faded to my natural reddish-brown in no time.

Is anyone truly ever happy with their hair? Lol I wear mine in a French-twist or braided most of the time as it is down to my hips. Gets into everything & it even has been known to randomly attack people if left on its own. I do wear it loose on occasion though as my husband loves my hair. (he gets attacked the most!)

Much love!

:laugh: Mind of its own I see
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    1b/1c for me...

Much love!

:laugh: Mind of its own I see

Lol, you betcha! Forgot to mention that the grey has decided to start curling at my temples & in my bangs. Natural from what I understand, but still frustrating!

:flowerforyou:
  • Jayme813
    Jayme813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1b/1c for me...

Much love!

Yes! I love my hair! Every day! Every curl is different, and I can wear it so many different ways! The versatility is what I love the most. As someone said further up, once you know your hair, it is easy to manage and maintain. You have to spend time with it, no matter how straight or curly it is, to get to know it in it's natural state, try different things, and find what your hair likes and doesn't like. Feel like you don't have time to try something only for it to look terrible and embarrassing? Do it on the weekends or when you don't have to work... if it works out, great, if not, no embarrassment gained. Embrace your hair... it is an extension of you! :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    1b/1c for me...

Much love!

Yes! I love my hair! Every day! Every curl is different, and I can wear it so many different ways! The versatility is what I love the most. As someone said further up, once you know your hair, it is easy to manage and maintain. You have to spend time with it, no matter how straight or curly it is, to get to know it in it's natural state, try different things, and find what your hair likes and doesn't like. Feel like you don't have time to try something only for it to look terrible and embarrassing? Do it on the weekends or when you don't have to work... if it works out, great, if not, no embarrassment gained. Embrace your hair... it is an extension of you! :flowerforyou:

Well said, and great advice Jayme :happy: . I love playing with new styles. But only on the weekends, cant be looking a mess at work.lol
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have type 3c hair, with a little 3b at my nape. I used hair typing to identify my type of hair, and it has affected the types of products that I use, but only to a certain extent. The low porosity and the fact that my hair is sensitive to protein has affected the product choices a lot more than my hair type.
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think I am 4a in certain spots and 4b in other places.
  • Dotz4skinny
    Dotz4skinny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got a mix of three textures on one head: 3b, 3c, and 4a. I guess my DNA couldn't decide which hair type I should be, so they just put all three. Lolz
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have what I would have called 4b/c but I'm guessing accroding to this I'd be more of a 3c. Think the pattern of a spring on the inside of a retractable pen and the same diameter!
    If ever I want to define my curls, I section my hair into 16 parts (yes I got this ish down to a science!)
    Mix ecostyler (1/4 c) and 2 Tbsp olive oil (yes the kind you have in your kitchen) in a cup and whip it.

Start at the nape. Spray each section down with water, Dripping wet. detangle with a wide tooth comb. Take the mixture and coat the hair evenly small layers at a time. Each section should be about 2-3 layers. Let you hair air dry or sit under a dryer :)

For me, it last about 2-3 days. I love it because my hair stays moisturized because of the olive oil and the whole style is easy to maintain and did I mention CHEAP! I needed an alternative to Kinky Curly. Love that stuff but it was drying my hair out and was expensive as hell to keep buying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is me and my hair is the exact same in the back, lol my curl up top is loser almost like a ringlet, but my back looks like the spring inside a pen. And I use the exact same combo as well, i dont mix the two together though i might try that. I have started using grape seed oil though and i love it hmm i think im going to mix up this tonight. Thanks for this. And i get my wash and go to last 7 days!!! i love it especially since i workout out on a regular basis. But i did notice that it takes less time for my hair to dry if its not dripping wet, so i just make sure it is damp and my curls pop just the same.
  • Back2MeDiva
    Back2MeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3c in the back and a 4c in the front.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Classic 4a here with near butt- length locs. The gray strands are coming in at all levels1-4 but no "z". Glad I locked up 13 years ago.