Insanity calorie burn

Options
I know everyone is different but I just finished my first workout on week 2. It was Pure cardio and resistance. I have a Polar FT7 HRM and i'm not even hitting a 400 calorie burn. I burned 387 today. Does that seem low? I feel like i'm pushing myself as far as I can and even go to muscle failure.

Replies

• aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 and I burned 600 calories doing Pure Cardio. I have a lot to lose and am really pushing myself. I read that the average calories burned is anywhere from 300-600 calories.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    ok, thanks. That helps. I don't have much to lose, just need to tone. I was thinking that my calorie burn was too low but with the 300-600 mark, i'm in that range.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    387 seems just right!
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I generally hit around 360ish. I think your body weight plays a huge role in how the HRM calculates your calorie expenditure.
  • laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 too and I burn around 300 calories too - except now I'm on Month 2 it has shot up to 400+. My heart rate is right up at 150-180 for the intense parts of the workout. I have a resting heart rate of 50-65bpm. I think the fitter you are and the nearer you are to your goal weight the less calories you burn
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I felt like mine was low too. I burned 417 the other day and then 600 at Zumba. The Insanity felt much harder than Zumba (Zumba was only 15 min longer)! Ofcourse I am on my first week and still not keeping up as well as I would like.
  • littlemissmo83
    littlemissmo83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first insanity work out. Week 1 Day 1, so a proper newbie. My calories burn was 368, max HR 188 Ave 144. I couldnt do all of it, but I did every exercise just not so many reps and still covered in sweat. It will be good to one day be able to do the full routine at pace and the whole thing...but for now, completing it was a great milestone...
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, first day of the second month and I burned up 1014 calories doing the Max Interval Circuit. I was hitting around to 600 to 800 during the first month.