Hairy Dieters

Options
2»

Replies

• ellen_v
    ellen_v Posts: 33
    Options
    I can't wait to make the pie, the pie looked so good. I love pastry and pizza so I reckon a pizza base pastry will be so good! The recipes from the programmes are online so you don't even have to buy the books for some of them. Here are the pies I'm salivating over http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/low-fat_minced_beef_and_34423
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made the pies last week they were yummy. This week I'm going to try the chicken jalfrezi and the sparkling jelly. :smile:
  • phantasma32
    phantasma32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the recipie book and its great. Having Spanish Style Chicken tonight. Have made the Cranberry and Almond Museli and its delicious. There are lots of recipies in this book that appeal to me which is unusual. I have lots of recpie books where i only like one or two things. Highly recommend this for anyone who likes tasty food and lots of it!!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This is my version of the fairy cakes-did not have enough yogurt so used 100ml plus 60ml of the ss milk. used 1 tsp vanilla essence Only had mini muffin cases and did not ice them works out at 58 kcal each. think they would work with raspberries, blackberries and chopped apple too. Not too sweet and texture soft and not too muffiny if that makes sense.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1912/dscn0414n.jpg
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try the fairy cakes. I love baking and finding recipes for low calorie cakes etc are a nightmare. I have frozen berries so I'll throw them in instead of the blueberries. Also I LOVE chilli so thats another one thats going on my 'too make' list.

To be honest I'm going to buy the book when I get paid, all the recipes that have been on the show look amazing and not too 'chefy' and I need some ideas for meals that I can enjoy and aren't obviously diet for the rest of the family, so we're not making two different meals.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    24eqnhl.jpg

Hope I fixed the photo!
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Funny I watched this on catch up today too! Found it very moving when Si talked about his experiences and thought it showed the comfort eating sort of weight gain and the habit eating really well in both their stories. Loved the look of the lasagne, couldn;t believe how the pasta was leeks must try it and get the book I think soon! Good luck to them both!
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the crumpets with mixed berries and yoghurt they did on the 'hairy dieters' quite often now. It's delicious, I'm getting 2 of my 5 a day and its only about 300 kcals!

Amazing!
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me of this. I just checked and there are 4 episodes on iplayer until 30/08
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I love the Hairy Dieters, they are so funny and I just love them. I have the book and have tried Massalla Chicken, yummy with the Cumin roasted veggies!!! The Spanish chicken is delicious with a nice salad. I seriously cannot wait to try more of their recipes!