why am i not hungry

Options
OK.. so i have been on the Dukan diet for about 2 weeks now.. Im day 6 of cruise and for some reason i am not hungry... is this normal?

Today i had the following

Pure Protein day

8:30 am Egg whites

9:45 Non fat latte

11 am Low fat string cheese

12:30 turkey

4pm iced coffee with milk

5pm String cheese

Am i eating enough... I have been taking off about .5 pds everyday ...

Replies

• janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the bran? You need this to prevent getting constipated. Also if you check this against your calorie intake you must be really low - This wouldn't be enough for me but if its working for you why not

Janebink
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    a lot of us experience lack of hunger on the dukan diet. It's one of the reasons I tracked my calories on another on line program and why I track on MFP today. Are you doing the minimum walking/standing along with the eating plan? It does help the weight come off even more and the more you walk, etc…

Some days are easier than others to eat enough calories.. the PV days are always easier to eat enough calories and now that I am on stabilization it is somewhat better.
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    The high protein intake reduces hunger which is a great thing. However I do feel it is so important to ensure that you do keep up your calories, even if you do not feel like eating, otherwise you can mess up your metabolic rate which is counter productive. I eat, not always because I feel hungry, but because I know that it is the best way to loose weight. Hope this helps.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Because your body has enough energy, lose some more bodyfat, and I guarantee you will become hungry again
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I to have experienced loss of appetite. Dont worry though, it is usually the norm on DD. You will get it back but I think you need to concentrate on the foods you are eating. String cheese is not really sufficient for your evening meal.

I would not worry too much about your calorie intake - this is NOT a calorie counting diet.

As already said you need to be eating your oatbran every day. I find that the best time to have it is in the morning as either porridge or a gallette.

I would try and up your protien intake. Try fish or chicken for your 5pm meal. Your could also make your own burgers and meatballs. Meatballs are great to snack on. Hot or cold.

Maybe look at other menus to get some inspiration

Good luck
  • vyakopian
    Options
    I am in sales so i am walking ALLL day long and 2-3xs a week i am going to Zumba,,, should i still walk the other days too?
  • vyakopian
    Options
    Yes .. i have been bad on the bran.. i havent been eatting it....

i think i need to re start the diet... bc i cheated a little last night... do you guys think i should go back to Attack for a couple days....??????

thank you for your support...
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No don't do attack again just carry on with cruise- do 2 PP days and then go back to alternating days. add your oat bran in everyday it is a necessity on the diet.
  • vyakopian
    Options
    ok perfect thank you sooo soo soo much...
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same thing! I am under my calorie goal every day - but I don't want to eat just to eat! Then if I work out - I am supposed to eat even more. It's what got me overweight in the first place. But I am just not hungry! :) and there is only so much meat I can eat. What do you guys do to fill up? Is there a proetin shake that works well on the Cruise Phase?