Due April 2013

Options
Jelybe
Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
Hi Ladies! I thought I would create a thread for those of us who are due in April 2013.

According to the online calculators, I am due anywhere between April 25 - 29th. So I am saying I am due on the 27th until my first appt. at the OB on Sept. 13th.

This is our second child; we first had a baby girl who is currently 27 months old.

I am an older Mommy, currently 39 and will be 40 when baby #2 arrives.

Please chime in and tell us about yourself, and let's keep track of and support each other over these next very exciting months!

~Jen

Replies

• vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!!

I'm due April 8th with #2. I have a girl who is 3 1/2 years old and I'm also an older mommy...... 40 and will be 41 when #2 comes

My first appt is tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy and lots of sticky dust. I joined MFP a month before I found out I was pregnant and felt like I was on my way to a new me. My goal during pregnancy is to not gain more than 30lbs. I gained over 50 with my first.

Thanks for starting the thread..... I think there are quite a few due in April :)

-Mari
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi!

According to my calculations, I am due April 23rd. I will find out for sure when I meet with my doctor on September 5th.

We have a son who turned 3 a few weeks ago. I gained 40 pounds with my first and lost all of that plus another 15 over the last 2 years and I hope to only gain 25-30 pounds this time around.

~Leah
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Max and I'm due 25th April (I think). I'm a first timer - only found out this week and though baby was planned, I'm stick a bit shocked, nervous but the panic has started to slow...a little...! heheee!

I'd been doing ok with losing weight on MFP - the first time in a few years I was starting to lose weight with lots of exercise....so now I'm struggling to eat all the cals I need....anyone else finding this? How's everyone feeling? The sickly feeling has mildly set in, can't believe things are changing already! Breathe...calm.....lol!
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    I know the panic feeling. It will get a little easier, but being a little paniced is a good thing. It makes you do everything possible for that little one starting to grow inside you.

With my first pregnancy, from the moment I found out I was pregnant I was constantly hungry and everyday after work i would come home and crash on the couch for an hour and this one is totally different. I have been having loose stools 3-4 times a day, am not hungry at all, but get so nauseaus if i don't eat something every 2 hours. So far the only thing that seems to curb my nausea is carbs and Triscuits with a cheese stick. I cannot stomach any vegetables right now so i am trying to find some smoothie recipes that have them in it.

Anyone else in this boat? I want to shout our pregnancy to the world, but my husband wants to wait until I am thru the first trimester. I know that is probably the logical thing to do as most miscarriages occur during this time, but I feel as if i could burst!
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Kia. I'm pregnant with #2 who is due on 4/4. My DS will turn 3 in September. I'm of "advanced maternal age" (that term cracks me up!) since I'll turn 36 in November.

I gained 80lbs with my first and I'm doing all that I can to not repeat that. I did lose the weight but after losing the weight, I put on a few more pounds that I was comfortable with. I was in the process of trying to drop about 15lbs when I found out about the pregnancy.

My goal is to keep up with my exercise routine and gain less than 25lbs. Actually, as long as I don't see a "2" on the scale this time, I'll be happy! So far so good. No weight gain yet. I think I put on 15lbs in the first tri last time.
  • Jelybe
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

My last pregnancy I went from 123 to 160 pounds - so a gain of 37 pounds. And it's no secret how that happened~ I think I was eating for 4 those last few months!

I am starting this pregnancy at 125 and I hope to only get up to 150 which is a gain of 25 pounds.

Last pregnancy I didn't track my calories at all (even though I said I would)! For this pregnancy - I hope to track more than I don't and to really focus on healthy superfoods like sweet potatoes and berries. I also hope to incorporate exercise, which I also did not do last time for fear of harming the baby. Silly, I know - but I just was nervous.

Please update us after your Doctor appointments so that I can live vicariously through you! It feels like the 13th of September is SO. FAR. AWAY!
  • america_c
    Options
    I'm due around April 27th. I had just started MFP three weeks ago and found out this weekend I'm pregnant. I did not make my goal weight so my goal is to not gain too much weight with the pregnancy! I gained a ton of weight with my first :S I'm tracking my calories, I'm not being as strict as I was three weeks ago (1200ish a day), I'm staying just under 2000 for now. My first appointment is next week. Plus I had GD with my first and had to take meds, this is something I really want to get under control with diet and exercise, especially if it comes around again.
  • keyalus
    Options
    I had my dating ultrasound apt on Monday. We heard a heartbeat and It put me at 6w6d even though I was 7w3d by LMP. Close enough I guess? We agreed to stick with my original due date. I am sure of when my LMP was but I didn't track ovulation or anything.

I felt relieved to at least hear the heartbeat and know that everything was alright so far. My symptoms have been pretty minimal compared to some ladies so I was nervous.

I got again on the 14th for a "New OB-GYN" apt. Whatever that means. I will be 11 weeks then. I thought that was when they wanted to do the NT screening, but she didn't mention doing any tests.
  • vegasmari
    Options
    Had my U/S today and it was pretty exciting to see a baby and hear a heartbeat... I think I was in shock because it kicked in that I was actually pregnant. My due date of the 8th was accurate.

I don't have many symptoms either, just really super duper tired and occasionally queasy when I think of certain foods that turn my stomach.

Looking forward to hearing more from all of you :)
  • vegasmari
    Options
    One more thing.... my doctor said 1600 calories a day (what i'm on), was not enough. He said as long as I'm gaining 1/2 pound a week on average, he would be okay.
  • maximouse
    Options
    Thanks for starting this post Jelybe! As a newie this is already starting to calm my nerves, knowing you guys are all thinking about the same things I am.

Interesting about 1600cals a day isn't enough......so are we supposed to be gaining 1/2lb each week already or only supposed to gain weight during the 2nd/3rd trimester? I was on 1200cals, which as maintenance is now upped to 1540cals and then I was going to try and eat my exercise cals but maybe that might not be enough?

doubletnurse.....feeling exactly the same hun, really nauseous all the time and the thought of food fills me with dread, eating makes me feel better. You like crackers? Hmm might try some.... :) Know what you mean about the unsettled tummy too....wow, in one week its like my body's been taken over!

I totally understand about being scared to exercise - I was exercising everyday but the day after the pregnancy test, I felt very fragile during a step class. I'm also wondering how I'd have to eat all the exercise cals too but the sickness is slowing me down during exercising.

Oh, I didn't realise you guys were having scans.....I've not seen a GP yet....will book in for an appt next week as my local obs doc is away for 2 weeks. Is there anything else I should be doing besides folic acid? Sorry, I'm feeling really lost by all this so hope you don't mind the questions:)

So how many cals are ppl eating?
    Are we supposed to already be gaining weight?
    Has everyone seen a doc already?
    Besides folic acid, what should I be doing?

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Max
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm Amanda. I've been married to my husband for 4 1/2 years. We started trying to start a family exactly a year ago... got pregnant right away, and miscarried at 8 weeks. We took a few months off and got pregnant again in Feb, only to lose that one at 8 weeks as well. We literally just moved across the country a week ago from Arizona back to Michigan to be closer to family, so it's been a stressful month or two.

Well, low and behold, we just found out we are expecting again, with a due date of April 23rd! I am trying not to be too nervous, although after 2 losses getting pregnant again is pretty scary. I loved this group the first 2 times and look forward to this pregnancy with all of you! We are praying that we get to meet this little one this time. :)
  • keyalus
    Options
    Vegasmari - 1600 does sound very low! My maintenance calorie allowance just based on my height/weight is 1850-ish. Very glad your ultrasound was reassuring!

maximouse - Unless you are very underweight, not gaining any weight in the first trimester is fine and normal. Sometimes water weight and bloating happen, so don't feel bad if you do gain weight. I don't think the goal is to gain 1/2lb/wk right now because in the second and third tris you will likely gain more than that per week. The baby is extremely tiny now and doesn't require all that much. This calculator here shows some good weight gain scenarios during pregnant: http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html. This other calculator can help you determine your caloric needs per trimester: http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html.

mandalu292 - Good luck to you!
  • Jelybe
    Options
    Hello April Mommies!

keyalus has it right on the calories. It is typical to only gain 1-5 pounds the entire first trimester (I'm aiming for 1 since I am currently 10 pounds over my comfortable weight), and then 1 pound per week in the 2nd and 3rd trimester's.

I am eating at or close to my maintenance calories for the first trimester, which for my height and weight is 1490 (<--this is according to MFP. I'm going to spend a week at it and if I maintain my weight - great, but if I lose any weight I will up my calories). And I'm trying to eat as healthfully as possible - green vegetables, whole grains, plenty of protein. This is the plan - hopefully I can mostly stick to it as I know it's easier said than done!

I do not have any morning sickness yet, and I did not have it with my first - I am crossing all my fingers and toes that it doesn't kick in this time! You ladies who are starting to feel nauseous - I feel for you! Just eat what you can, when you can! I know that it is common for some to even lose weight in the first trimester due to morning sickness. It's got to be hard to force down those crackers!

maximouse - my 1st Dr's appt. is Sept. 13th. Typically they make it for after your baby's heart starts beating. For me, that's around Sept. 1st, but my Dr. was out of town on vacation in the beginning of Sept. so I have to wait a little bit.
    How are you getting your Folic acid? There are other things that are recommended, such as Vitamin D, but typically that's all taken care of in one good prenatal vitamin. If you are getting your Folic acid in a prenatal vitamin - you should be covered. If you are taking it by itself, you should probably consider switching to a prenatal vitamin.
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    I currently don't see my OB until September 5th. Based on my LMP i will be 7W1D. She likes to see you between 6 and 8 weeks into the pregnancy, but does make sure to tell you to take a prenatal vitamin with iron and at least 800 mcg of folic acid. I also take omega -3's on a daily basis as well.

As far as symptoms go, I am just really tired all the time and have been fighting the nausea. I found in the last day or 2 that I need to have something to put in my stomach every hour and a half so I don't feel so bad. I also can't eat a meal and drink water with it, so I am having a hard time fitting in my 8 glasses of water a day, but this will pass and I will figure out how to manage it.

Currently because I had horrible diarrhea for 2 days before I found out I was pregnant and that coupled with the food aversions and nausea, I am down 3 pounds. I am trying to eat my maintenance calories based on MFP's calculations which 1760 when I place it on lightly active.

Congratulations everyone!
  • maximouse
    Options
    Ok thanks for the advice - I've booked in to see a doc on Monday:) Though I've taken a pregnancy test at home that's positive, I keep wondering whether I'm imagining being pregnant and the doc's gonna look at me with a sympathetic shake of the head and give me rennie tablets...heheee.....roll on monday!

If you're feeling nauseous, I've found 2 things that really help me this week....one is chewing mint gum (not strong, but peppermint) is a real relief....not that I'm much of a gum fan but it gets me through the worst part of the day. The second thing is a frozen fruit ice pole that also helps.

Both aren't too bad for the diet either.....just thought I'd mention it in case any of you are suffering a bit too (lucky you guys that aren't suffering - hope you keep up the good fortune!)

I'd been taking just folic acid supplements for a while, and had recently taken iron as my levels had dipped a bit low (it happens with me once in a while) but a general doctor check a couple of months ago revealed my vitamin and mineral/cholesterol levels etc were top notch so I wondered whether to take the pre-natal supplement....I did stare at them in the chemist yest- heheee Think I'll ask the GP and see what they recommend.

Doubletnurse\jelybe/keyalus.......thankyou, its good to know a gauge of how much weight gain is normal in the first trimester.....lets hope there is just one in there (my husband's a twin...agghhh!)

Really hope you are all keeping well (as can be) and glad to be excited with you all:) Congratulations!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I started out reading everyone's posts but decided to just jump in and try to keep up from here. I'm due April 15th. i have my first "official" appointment on Wednesday and can't wait! I want to know everything is ok. I say "official" in quotes because I had went to the ER last week with bleeding.

They said everything looked good so i'm trying just to hold onto that! I have some internal bleeding so they said no BD for the first trimester and not to be too active. Hubby is taking this very seriouslly and not letting me to hardly anything....it's frustrating but probably a good thing because I have a tendency to push myself and now that I have a little one on the way I gotta consider him or her.

I am at 7 weeks today and have gained about 4 pounds so far...have any of you started gaining already?
  • LJA8608
    LJA8608 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I am very excited to join this thread :) My husband and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and I am due April 17th with our 3rd baby, yay! We had a very easy time getting pregnant the first time and I had a very normal pregnancy and delivery. I started at 170 and was at 200 when my daughter was born which wasn't "great" but not too much gain. After my daughter was born I kept up bad eating habits I developed during pregnancy and gained another 25 lbs after she was born. I never really thought about my weight until 2 years ago when we were TTC. It took us over a year to get pregnant but we finally did get pregnant in October of last year. Unfortunately in December when I was supposed to be around 8 weeks I started bleeding and a scan showed that we had lost the baby at 6 weeks, all my scans before never showed a heartbeat and the sonographer twice told me they may just be off on the dates. The loss really hit hard with me and I decided to channel my energies to getting healthy before we had another baby. Between January of this year and now I have lost 54 pounds and am so glad to be starting this pregnancy at 172 instead of at 226!

We had our first Ultrasound on the 24th and I am exactly 6 weeks 5 days today and we got to see the heartbeat which helped take a little of my worries away. Looking forward to a healthy pregnancy and crossing my fingers that all goes well! I am currently eating at around 1850 calories (set at maintain) and for exercise I walk and do light jogging for now, will probably switch to just walking in my 3rd trimester or when running gets uncomfortable. If you want... feel free to add me :) Would love to meet new mommies and mommies to be!

Jennie
  • LJA8608
    LJA8608 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    P.S. To everyone, One of the things my nurse practitioner told me to take along with my prenatals is an Omega 3 Fish oil pill. She said it is incredibly beneficial especially in early pregnancy because the EHA and DPA helps with brain, eye, immunity system and CNS development and good quality pills don't have the toxins and mercury like many fish products can have. Here is a site that talks about it.... I highly recommend it and talk to your OB's to see if they do as well :)

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/omega3fishoil.html
  • doubletnurse
    Options
    Have any of you told anyone that you are pregnant yet? I am 6 weeks today. My husband and i would like to wait until the end of the first trimester, but being this is our second I've heard you start showing about a month earlier. This would mean I would show around 8 weeks. We are also going to visit my family this weekend and i have a feeling they are going to know something is up, especially since I am so exhausted lately. I hope they don't say anything b/c I have a shirt for our son to wear that says big brother on it (the way I want to tell them).

Emily- I am glad everything is okay. I am actually down a half a pound from my prepregnancy weight but up a pound from 2 weeks ago (from the nausea and i had a stomach bug).

Jennie- Congrats on the pregnancy and losing the weight!