First Day

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
I have been wanting to try this for so long. I finally got a weight bench and all the weights. I upped my calories to maintenance for the first 4 weeks as suggested in the book (terrifying actually). I did my first work out today. I am so sore. I really hope to see some results. I do really enjoy zumba and yoga on my wii. Any suggestions on how to build some of that in to my routine? I am going for the 3 weight workouts a week. Any suggestions welcome!

Replies

• Bransonlee
    Bransonlee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week :) I do light yoga on lifting days, then some cardio (walking dvds) on off days. Worked out well this week, although I know later in the program that might change. Definitely looking forward to a 2-day break this weekend... I am sooo sore today after my second A workout ;)

Good luck!!
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good job! I was very sore after the first day too, I ended up taking an extra day off before the next work out. It was hard getting down on the floor to play with my daughter with my thighs screaming in pain! But it does get better :)

I like to talk long walks and push the stroller, but I save those for off days. I find the walking helps loosen up my muscles the next day and I get over the soreness quicker. So you may want to save the yoga and zumba for off days :)

But it is really up to you, just remember taking days off are important for your muscles to repair.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Good job! I was very sore after the first day too, I ended up taking an extra day off before the next work out. It was hard getting down on the floor to play with my daughter with my thighs screaming in pain! But it does get better :)

I like to talk long walks and push the stroller, but I save those for off days. I find the walking helps loosen up my muscles the next day and I get over the soreness quicker. So you may want to save the yoga and zumba for off days :)

But it is really up to you, just remember taking days off are important for your muscles to repair.

I am planning MWF for lifting, so I built in the extra days for the first workout. I didn't think I'd make it through anything more than walking on lifting days.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    I do cardio and yoga on the days I feel up to it.
    I lift 3x a week: tuesday, thursday, and sunday.
    Some days I end up lifting, doing cardio, and some yoga.
    Some weeks I don't have a rest day because I do all three on different days.
    Always listen to your body. It'll let you know what works best (: