Turbofire for belly help?

Options
I still have another 1.5 months of CLX but I'm thinking about next program.
My problem area is belly & hips but mostly belly (after twin pregnancy)

I'm hoping to see some good results in Lean phase but just wondering how TurboFire is for belly.

I was contemplating p90x or insanity but I dont have the best knees & they scare me though they seem to reap the biggest results esp on the gut.

Replies

• rjt323
    rjt323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was not overly impressed with the abs workouts during my previous round of CLX. This time around I am swapping in pilates. I really like Ana Caban for pilates.

The TF abs workout is probably my favorite of all the abs/crunches workouts I own in the <15-minutes category. If I remember correctly, TF just has the one abs workout plus a Core workout which I think uses resistance bands. That being said I will do the TF abs workout occasionally, but I always seem to end up going back to pilates to work my abs and lower back.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    well, P90x has a great ab exercise video--it's a killer though. And there are some nice core workouts --one for core specifically, and the yoga as well. that said, I have done 2 rounds of p90x and I definitely have seen results, but you know, the belly is still there.....I think to get rid of baby belly in full it takes a long time and lots and lots of patience.

I just started CLX a few weeks ago, and am hoping it's good for the hips and thighs as well. Although I love the program as a whole, I didn't feel P90x was that great for this area --as I look at the women in the CLX videos, the fact they have no hips or thighs is encouraging. If they look the way they do because of this program? I'm in! Hope to see some improvement here too.....
  • lashwish
    Options
    I have a bunch of Pilates stuff, I love Winsor. I have some Ana but she's not my fav, could be the wo

I just started Lean & I my thighs & hips are so much slimmer. Id have to go back & check what I measured b4 as I haven't checked in awhile but I have killer thigh muscles now & only had fat b4!

It has helped my stomach as well but was thinking a more focused route would help. My friend is going to loan my p90 but Im afraid. I tried Bob Harpers cardio hell a few days ago & only did 25 mins & Im pretty fit now.

I also tried the p90 ab wo from youtube & about died.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Turbo Fire my abs ached the next day so I'm assuming it helps. I didn't even to the ab workout. It was Fire 30 EZ I think. I've been doing Turbo Fire on my non-lifting days but I haven't done any ab specific workouts.
  • Robin1117
    Options

My friend is going to loan my p90 but Im afraid. I

I also tried the p90 ab wo from youtube & about died.

Don't be afraid! I was before I started, but survived, going at my own pace, and feel like it made a world of difference to my body, and I learned a ton about myself, my focus and endurance, and that kind of discipline spreads to non-exercise parts of life too.....

Will send you a FR and be there if you need any encouragement :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just started CLX a few weeks ago, and am hoping it's good for the hips and thighs as well. Although I love the program as a whole, I didn't feel P90x was that great for this area --as I look at the women in the CLX videos, the fact they have no hips or thighs is encouraging. If they look the way they do because of this program? I'm in! Hope to see some improvement here too.....

I've done p90X and am now doing CLX and I really noticed that CLX works the hips whereas p90x did not. I already see results in my hips and I'm just finishing Push phase tomorrow.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The biggest difference I am noticing to my body is the size of my hips shrinking. I am on my last week of the Push phase.

I don't do the ab routines because the floor work kills my lower back and neck. I need to add some type of ab routine in, but haven't been consistent in doing so, yet.
  • Robin1117
    Options

I've done p90X and am now doing CLX and I really noticed that CLX works the hips whereas p90x did not. I already see results in my hips and I'm just finishing Push phase tomorrow.

I love this comment--thank you! I'm just about done w/burn and will start Push Phase on Monday!
  • ceajules
    Options
    Since January between P90x and Turbofire I have lost 19 inches!!!
    Would would like to do the same?

This is my story

Hello my name is Angel and I am 39 year old former couch potato
    I have struggled with my weight and have tried every fad diet there was and hated working out, I wanted that quick fix. A year ago heavier and out of shape I decided to try P90X however I never changed my diet and 66 days into I gave up I didnt see the results I wanted after that I continued to put on more weight after seeing some pictures of myself I said enough is enough and like everyone else on the planet in January I decided to lose weight and exercise after losing 20lbs through healthy eating I did some walking and other DVDS at home but it just wasn't cutting it. I would see the commercials and I thought I need to try that P90X again and finish it this time! After week one I thought what was I thinking I could barely do the push ups on my knees I hurt everywhere and never thought I would get better or even finish I would see myself in the mirror working out many times I cried. I kept pushing play!!! I got stronger I was bringing it! Push ups well I can bust out 100 right now if you would like :) If I can do this anyone can! I then passed the fit test for Insanity and have been doing that and I hate it and love it all at the same time. I love having muscles I love being strong I love being healthy. I graduated from P90X in August 2012 and I am so proud! and I want to help others so I became coach and began my 2nd workout Turbofire, I was scared at first because I have no coordination but I fell in love with the program and the music and I will see this through to the end 20 weeks :) I finish it before my 40th Birthday in December and I cant wait to start another program, my goal is to do all of them