Looking for Friends in this Group

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 556 Member
I have just made the decision to proceed with bariatric surgery after much consternation. I met with a couple of my doctors yesterday including my PCP and discussed my decision. My PCP has brought it up to me a few times in the past few years. I had not wanted to even entertain her suggestions previously as I thought I could do this all on my own with diet and exercise. I have made a ton of changes in my lifestyle already and know I have more to make before surgery, but I feel I am well on my way to this being a successful tool for me.

Would love some support, whether you are in process of surgery prep, just had it, had it along time ago. All friends for support would be so welcomed. Please send me a friend request or I may be reaching out to some of you as I look thru the boards in this group.

~Babs

Replies

• ruby_brewer
    ruby_brewer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Babs!

Congrats on making the decision to become healthier :) I had gastric bypass on July 30, 2012 and its been a journey already! (some good some bad)........Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help :)

Ruby
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You will find everyone very supportive and informative here. I absolutely love this group!!! Good luck with your journety. Sending you a friend invite!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What surgery are you having? I had RNY 4 years ago. It's such a blessing to have my life back!!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I had my surgery in May of this year. You will discover that establishing all those good habits before surgery will make all the stages after that much easier. You've done the hardest part in my opinion by making the decision the rest is all downhill and we'll be here if you need us.
  • trae12
    trae12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I start 2 weeks of pre op fluids tomorrow and am being banded in 2 weeks. Feeling very nervous and excited at he same time. Any tips or advise would be appreciated.
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words, friend invites and acceptances! :love:
  • _kim68_
    _kim68_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and I just clicked to add you as a friend. I don't have any friends yet either. :) I had RNY surgery 7/10/12 and it is the best thing I could have done for myself. Good luck with your surgery.
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and I just clicked to add you as a friend. I don't have any friends yet either. :) I had RNY surgery 7/10/12 and it is the best thing I could have done for myself. Good luck with your surgery.

Thanks Kim, hope all is going well for you so far.
    ~Babs
  • lamcnenly
    lamcnenly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had lapband surgery in January '12 and am so glad I did. I wish you all the best in your bariatric journey. :smile:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sending you an invite now :)
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This is the most supportive group! We all cheer each others successes and try to help with each others challenges. There are a few people here that have lost and maintained an incredible amount of weight, an inspiration to all of us. I am 6 months post Gastric Bypass and never for one minute regretted my decision.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sent you an invite :)
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Kathy, and on Sept 11 I am having gastric bypass surgery. I am currently doing my 2 weeks of Protein Shakes and 64 ounces of liquids. This first week is 1200 cal and 60-80 grams of protein. I had my pre-admission testing on Tuesday and on Wednesday I had a 5 hour Doctors appointment. There were 6 patients in the group. We talked about the types of surgery everyone was having, what to expect during this 2 weeks and what to expect after surgery. I had to see a nutristionist 3 times already, 1 psychologist, the surgeon 2 times, and next week I have to see the nutristionist and my primary care doctor for the rest of my clearances. I have already lost 31 pounds and the doctor said that he has had patients lose up to 20 pounds during this 2 weeks before surgery. It has been stressed to us the following points, "SIP SIP SIP', CHEW CHEW CHEW', AND WALK WALK WALK".
    The stay for surgery if there are no complications 2 days and on the 3rd day you go home.

I have always had a weight problem since I was in high school and I am now 58 years old. I want to see my grandchildren grown up and be with them for a long long time. I am very excited about my surgery and about starting my new life.

I would love to be friends and provide support to others like me.
  • Mstexas98
    Mstexas98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started the group tonight. I am having RNY surgery November 6. It took awhile to make up my mind, but after reading different posts, I am glad that I did and know I will get lots of support here. I am actually excited now.:smile:
  • healthybabs
    Options
    I just started the group tonight. I am having RNY surgery November 6. It took awhile to make up my mind, but after reading different posts, I am glad that I did and know I will get lots of support here. I am actually excited now.:smile:

Sending you a friend request. Glad you found the group, everyone here is awesome!
  • BARBY1956
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. I had my RNY surgery 13 years ago and I am still doing well. I went from a high of 283 lbs down to my goal of 155 lbs, which I have maintained for about the last 10 years or more. I am healthy and happy and would do it again in a milla second. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to help if I can. Wish all of you the best with your surgery.
  • Mrbusterb
    Options
    Welcome to the group
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    I had RNY 5-9-12 and it is honestly the best decision I have ever made. I know I have a ways to go but I will make it.

any one can add me as a friend if they want to.