Attack phase - what am I doing wrong?

Options
BNSorensen
BNSorensen Posts: 3 Member
I am on day 4 of attack phase, I've been only eating protein and eating less than 1200 calories at that and I have only lost 3 lbs so far. Does this seem right? It seems like most of the people I have read about have lost more than that... I am only doing 1 more day of attack because it recommended me to do 5 days, hopefully once I add in the pv days it will start up. Also, I have been doing more activity then the 20 minutes of walking recommended just because I am a pretty active person to begin with, does this have anything to do with it?

Sorry so long, trying to figure all this out, and it is kind of discouraging because I have definatly not cheated.

Thanks.

Natalie

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you read the book that is pretty normal.. and 3 lbs a week is a BIG weight loss, and to do so in 4 days is even bigger. I did the online coaching with Dukan (still am). I believe I lost 7 pounds the first week, but I had 35 to lose.

I have lost 40 lbs with Dukan since Dec 2011… about 5 more pounds than the "True Weight" originally calculated for me. I have rarely eaten below 1300 calories (I am 5'8").. some weeks the scale showed zero lost, some 1/2 a pound, and then whoosh, 4 more would fall off.

I too, do more than the minimum activity every day.

I say you are not doing anything wrong… and you should feel encouraged, not discouraged.
  • BNSorensen
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear, that I was on the right track. I have about 35 more to go to my "true weight" so I wanted to start out strong. I think my calories will go up to around normal once I can add in my pv days, it is hard for me to find good recipes for the pp days, especially because I am cooking for my family as well.

Thanks!
  • vyakopian
    Options
    How is it going so far....
  • BNSorensen
    Options
    I am finally losing weight, I am in the cruise phase right now and I think being able to add in the veggie day helped a lot. I have lost another 7 lbs in the last week and a half. I think I need to stop weighing myself daily though, when I don't see that number drop a whole lot it is discouraging and last week I had a day where I gained 0.5 lb even though I was following the diet strictly. If you just started hang in there, it is tough but worth it.
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am finally losing weight, I am in the cruise phase right now and I think being able to add in the veggie day helped a lot. I have lost another 7 lbs in the last week and a half. I think I need to stop weighing myself daily though, when I don't see that number drop a whole lot it is discouraging and last week I had a day where I gained 0.5 lb even though I was following the diet strictly. If you just started hang in there, it is tough but worth it.

I weigh myself weekly as it demotivates me if i don't see a loss- which is usually just water retention.

Don't worry just keep doing what you are doing,

Well done on your loss so far :smile: