Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Week of August 20th Challenge!

lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Congrats to the following for completing last week's challenge! :

Chrissy198727
Venabambina
Sarita
Melissa

And a round of applause for the only competitor to eat in the green 6 out of 7 days!!!!
blessedmomof4 :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. Activity on the board is starting to pick back up! Don't forget to check out the "new to the workout" section.

This week the goal is to get in 19 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 16 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 10 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 290 minutes of exercise!

New to the workout: 100 Plyo Squats! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgWxcOD7l1k

Also new!!! *** Bonus!! Stay in the green for your food log 6 days this week and earn a bonus flower on the leader board!***

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    I always forget to update you on Sunday! I can't get to the group on my app, and I stay away from the computer on my weekends :-)

I am going to be green every day this week AND increase my exercise!

Have a great week all!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    ok so i'm new to the workout. so the squats are 100 everyday right?
  • lissa0040
    ok so i'm new to the workout. so the squats are 100 everyday right?

Nope the "new to the workout" section is usually just weird or interesting exercises that people do in classes like crossfit or more advanced classes. You don't even have to do this section if you don't want but since it's in addition to the your normal exercise the suggested number of reps is for the entire week. If the exercise is really extreme (like burpees) it might only be 5 for the week. Just trying to break us out of our comfort zone so if you happen to try an extreme boot camp or crossfit or something of that nature you might have a little practice on some of the harder things.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    ok great thanks :)
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    I want a flower. :D So, my plan for the week is to move my booty more, get enough sleep, and stay in the green at least 6 days.
    So far so good.
  • blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    I wanted to go ahead and report in for this week. I have completed 731 minutes of exercise this week but was not able to stay under calorie for 6 days (I was out of town for 4 days), so I was only 5/7. Well there is always next week. I hope you keep the challenges going.
  • lissa0040
    I wanted to go ahead and report in for this week. I have completed 731 minutes of exercise this week but was not able to stay under calorie for 6 days (I was out of town for 4 days), so I was only 5/7. Well there is always next week. I hope you keep the challenges going.

Great job! :smile:
  • lissa0040
    Get your numbers in everyone! Leader board will be posted tomorrow!
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    390 minutes of cardio, over 19 miles of (biking, elliptical, cross country, and step master)....I stayed in the green for 6 days, Work.
  • I did it!!

26.43 miles! Yay me! :)

Still can't keep in the green on my eating though. :(
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 140 Member
    Still tough time staying in the green given the last days of vacation. I still meet my exercise goals, thankfully! New week, new mind set to stay in the green.