Sunday wk1

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Anyone out there?

I feel like I'm losing some of you :ohwell:
But even if it's just a few of you still with me on this thats enough for me.

Today is a day to reflect, to sit back and think over the week, maybe look through your diary and decide what you want to improve on, or if you felt like anything was holding you back. I don't mean for this day to be about the negatives in the last week, there is always room for improvement and that is why I personally like to look back and say "I could have done this better, this week I will!"
It's also good to reflect on what you did well! Did you meet your mini weekly goal??

I had a pretty rough week with eating. I only got one day of exercise in because of my mother being in the hospital, and I did a lot of snacking :embarassed: high sugar foods in particular. I could feel the difference in my body, I didn't like the feeling. I was dragged down, tired and felt all around like crap..because I ate like crap.
This week will be different. I am determined to get back on my pattern of working out at least 5 x's a week and cutting out the refined sugars and fast foods. My water intake was good though, that I am proud of.

I did not meet my mini weekly goal of 45 miles on my FitBit. Although I did hit 30! Which is still about 10 miles more than my weekly average. (I did a lot of stressful pacing)

Tomorrow is a new day and I will take this next week by the horns!:devil: :laugh:

Replies

• likeswhiskey
    Options
    My plans for the coming week will be to focus on eating slightly more calories and keeping my fat/protein/carb ratio in check. I'd been eating well under my BMR calories (bringing them up lately) and I've been eating a few % too much fat and a few % too little protein. I've just incorporated some protein powder in my routine that I hope will help with that.
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    I'm in south florida, so I cn't do my usual exercice which is waling the neighborhood with the baby in the stroller (thanks, hurricane Isaac! - At least you're giving mr Monday off from work:happy: ) But so far (and I just started mfp when I joined this group!) I've lost seven pounds!!! Happy dance! I've been under my calorie goal every day and have been getting some water, but not enough - I just can't do it without the crystal light (yet). I need to work on cutting back the sodium and upping the protein. It might be difficult because I don't like meat :grumble: at ALL!
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi, Today was a good day to learn that you can change your routine and schedule to fit in exercise and remain under a calorie goal even when eating up. I got up early to do 30DS and an hour on the treadmill (to earn back 500 calories) and then had guests all day ending in a meal out. I checked out the menu and made sensible choices. I didn't treat it like a free-for-all and even though I couldn't stick to my strict 1,200 like a usually do (which is ok, when you've planned a day out) I was able to eat a main a small dessert (single scoop of ice-cream) and remain a few hundred over my daily limit (which I'd already burned off in the early morning). All in all a fun day and I managed to fit in the exercise to earn the calories back! :)
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    Overall I felt this week went pretty well. A few things I noticed, however, is that there were a couple of days where I ate too few calories. I was very busy those two days and I did not have a lot of time to sit down and eat, so I lacked a lot of nutrition. I definitely want to make sure I watch out for that because I do not want my metabolism to slow down.
    I have a concert coming up two weeks from yesterday and I had a goal to be down 15 by then (I'm only at 12 down so far). I have only been losing about a pound a week and I have just under 2 weeks to lose 3, so I really have to work hard these next couple of weeks. I started the 30DS today hoping that will help with that extra pound. :)
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This past was okay but I could have made some better choices. However school starts this next week so it gonna be a bit of a busy week for me. I'm hoping to made wise choices when out and need something on the go. I do want to really push better at drinking more water this week and start to lay off the soft drinks as much as possible.
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had a really good week losing 2 lbs. I am finally back on track after a summer of too many vacations. My goal was to maintain all summer & enjoy, which I did, now it is time to lose the last 10 before Halloween. This is the motivation I was looking for!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm determined to be better on watching what I eat and especially my portion sizes. My excuses for last week, was I was out of town for work and it was resturant food and happy hour with co-workers. This week, I will not make excuses. I start school tomorrow ( I go at night) so that there will take care of my tv watching munching...Can't do that in class! I also have a good walk from the parking lot to the class room so there's my extra steps being worked in. I weigh in on Thursdays, I'm looking for a loss.
  • hcoulson1
    hcoulson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group! Im a week late but better then never right!
    Well I'll start off by saying I am very unhappy with my weight in number :(
    I had been jogging about 5.5 miles for the past week and nothing budged.
    So! Now my focus is on my calorie intake and making sure I stay to plan.
    Upping my water intake and keeping the sugar foods out.
    Enjoy the upcoming week everyone!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Reflection!

Okay, so, the week started out fine and then went down hill from there.

I have definitely had a food problem over the last few days. Cravings led to more cravings, etc. And then of course family in from out of town derailed me as well- so, heading into this week I am focused on getting the calories and food quality back under control and trying to hit my exercise double hard for the next few days.

I am on the precipice of beating my usual plateau, and would like to do that this week rather than next, but am not sure if I can after the last few days- so, fingers crossed that I am back on track!

I also hope that everyone here is focused and rockin' & rollin'! Happy week to everyone!
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did fine drinking water, but I didn't meet my mini goal since I only worked out 4 days for 60 minutes. Also, looking back at my diary I had days when I ate way too much sodium this week I need to consume less sodium. I'm starting the 30DS again tomorrow so hopefully I keep up with it all week. The scale hasn't changed in two weeks; I need to work harder on my exercise because walking alone is not going to cut it! Have a great week everyone! :smile:
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    I had a busy weekend... And completely missed yesterday's post, sorry about that... And I'm late today, better late than never right....

A positive note, I did great with my water intake.... Until the weekend... Weekends are always my weakness, and that is what I need to work on, just because it's the weekend doesn't mean I need to completely go off track... I think a little cheating is ok or else I'd go crazy... But sometimes it goes too far off and I don't always exercise on the weekends... I need to work on that also...

So here's to staying on track, working out more, and not letting the weekends kill my progress...

Have a great week everyone!
  • Paddy25
    Paddy25 Posts: 10
    Options
    I had a ****ty food week and I really dont wanna weigh myself xD but maybe i need that to slapp myself around and start focusing again ... my mini-goal is to do some exercise everyday for one week ... even if its just a long walk or some 20min at the gym ... and to eat better - I've eaten well during the day but as soon as night fall i turn into the binge-monster ... i was all on my own in the last few days so i had no one to "watch" me ... but i gotta learn to control myself anyway ... we'll it's already a new week here in germany and i just got up so LETS GET STARTED xD
  • Paddy25
    Paddy25 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hahahahaha ... ok that thing is very strickt witch swearing xD
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sorry all! I am here just been really busy! I have keeping to the diet and trying to get in some type of physical activity. But I am here!

I also have been keeping to the 8 glass of water :)! YUK!!! lol
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My week started out really good. I got some awesome exercise in. Ate right. Then I went away for the weekend and partied it up. My weigh-in was today and I lost 0.2 lbs. It wasn't very much and had I continued through the weekend the way I did during the week it would have been much more. :grumble: I'm not going to beat myself up though. I'm going to be happy it wasn't a gain and move on. Cheers to a new week my Halloween pals :bigsmile:
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Last week was good diet wise, however I was battling a cold and as a result didn't do my upper body weights for several days. I don't mind taking a break when I'm sick, but I worry that I won't get back into it. My weekend was very busy and this week I will be doing a lot of cooking since my cupboards and freezer are bare (need to get them restocked with healthy options so that I don't end up eating too much fast food!)

Things I have noticed: I am more likely to do the weights if I do them in the morning before work. I am not very productive once I get home. I have also noticed that I am sleeping in too late and have to rush out of the house. Therefore my goal for this week is to either wake up early or not be lazy once I get home from work. I don't care which time I do my weight lifting... I guess I just need to get my priorities re-straight.

To end on a lighter note, I did ride my bike (hills and all) yesterday for 8 miles straight. I was on that bike for 90 minutes without a pause and I'm really happy about that. Bike riding is kind of a new thing and I wasn't sure if I be able to tough it out. Sunday's ride make me feel super optimistic :)