Newbie Here

Options
MamaMaryC
MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
Hi. My name is Mary. I am 29 years old, a wife, mother of 3, and full time online student.

I have always been overweight. I used to weight over 200 lbs. After I reached 200 I stayed away from the scale and pretended nothing was wrong. Till one day backpain ruled my life. I couldn't get out of bed and I was only 26. After switching doctors I was told light weight lifting and weightloss would help. I decided to take charge and make a change. I have lost roughly 75 lbs over the last 2.5 yrs.

I am down to 134. The last time I saw this number was around jr high/ high school. I had always been a size 12/14+. I am now a size 8. Whoo!!! :D Now I am trying to tone and lose this flabby baby belly left behind by 3 blessings. I currently challenging myself for 7 wks. I do my own workout plan. Mon- Zumba, Wed- Ab Jam and my own workout for glutes and thighs, and Thu- Turbo Scuplt and Ab Jam. In Sept I plan on starting Brazil Butt Lift and following the specified schedule included with it.

My husband is just now getting on board with me losing weight and toning up. He likes bigger women. He used to sabotage my healthy eating and argue about my weightloss. Everyone else around me thinks I look fine and I don't need to workout. So I am looking for others to associate with and surround myself with that have some of the same goals. I am looking for people to motivate and support who will do the same for me. :)

Can't wait to get to know some of y'all. :D

Replies

• Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm new too, just joined, what a great group! I've been looking for something like this without knowing what I was looking for until I found it.

I joined MFP a few months back with the intention of dropping around 7lbs (3kgs, I'm from NZ but getting good at the conversion!)

I'm 5'2" and my ideal was to be 120lbs or below but I'm starting to realise how much more important health and fitness is than the number on the scale!

Because I'm not overweight people can think I'm being 'obsessive' about my weight or working out but I think there is always room for improvement!
  • Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm also 29+ years old, I have two kids and have had back problems! I find the best preventative for me is being fit!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Ladies!

I love this site and have found it very helpful, as long as I log and keep myself accountable. There is a lot of support here, and I hope you find that to be so as well:)

Feel free to add me!

Thanks,

layla
  • rachieonline
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am also fairly new here... Signed up to MFP earlier this year, but haven't really used the site much, partly because I have been travelling for the last 3 months.

I joined this group because I'm not what people would call "overweight" - but I know that my body has changed over this year! I used to weigh around 54kg (118lb), which is my ideal weight, but my weight has gone up to over 65kg (143lb) :'(

Usually my meals are fairly healthy, but I think I struggle with portion size (and when food is good, it is WAY too easy to go back for seconds! Can I get an amen?!!). Snacks are also a struggle - I seem to pick up the biscuit or other high-calorie foods, before considering a simple, healthy piece of fruit! Augh!

I want to keep accountable here! I'd love to help you, if you'll help me!
    Looking forward to meeting you :)
  • scpdxb
    scpdxb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Feel fee to add me - looking for friends for motivation :)
  • jkchampton
    Options
    Congrats! I am 31 and a mother of 2. I am also new to the group and would love some friends to help push me along. It is definitely harder to loss when you are already in a healthy weight range. The results are slower, but I know I need to stick with it.
  • MamaMaryC
    Options
    Hi ladies. Nice to meet each of you and thank you for the warm welcome. :) I am glad to have found this group as well. It is refreshing to be around like-minded people who I understand and can understand me.
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    Hi ladies!!
    I'm new here too and love making new connections.
    Here's a little bit of info about me:
    I'm turning 33 this year. I'm a blissfully married mother, business owner, writer, creator, positive-minded, exhuberantly expressive, dancer, lover of all things nature and overall results driven lady. I'm highly competitive but mostly with myself; always challenging myself to excel.
    I'm here trying to lose about 15-20 lbs. Would love to lend my support to anyone desiring a friend!! I don't care if you have 5 lbs to lose or 500 lbs to lose, I'm happy to help you get there! :)
    Feel free to add me!
    Be well,
    Charlotte
  • MamaMaryC
    Options
    char_char_piper
    I am very compettive with myself as well. Not so much with others though. :D