Gluten Free Friends Needed!!

Options
Im a single mom of two. I started gluten free around the end of July and Wow what a difference it made for me! I wish I would have tried it earlier in life!
I finally have energy! I can think clearly, my tummy isnt bloated feeling. I love it!
I also have hypothyroidism.
I would love to have some friends on my list that can help me on this new chapter of my life. Im not looking to lose much more weight.

Replies

• JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi morgynsmama. I am pretty new to this GF lifestyle as well, and still have much to learn. Since I started I find I feel much better, but still have a long way to go.

I also have hypothyroidism, which my Dr. tells me can make it even more of an "uphill climb" to lose weight, but I am not giving up that easy.

Feel free to add me if you like and maybe we can help each other on this journey.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You guys can add me as well..... I have been GF since April.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • mickiylou21
    mickiylou21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been gluten free since January of this year.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been gluten free since Halloween 2002, feel free to add me if you like, It can be....interesting?.... going gluten free, I know there are things out there that have NO business being called food!!!

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Sharon
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for two years now, after a LIFETIME of bowel problems. I was always told it was "irritable bowel' and was common with people with mood disorders and there was nothing that could be done! When a niece and nephew were both diagnosed with celiac disease, I realized that I probably had it too! I had immediate relief of the symptoms- the urgent runs to the bathroom, cramping, etc. I am afraid that permanent damage was done from nutritional deficiencies- arthritis, two huge hernias. But life is much better now gluten free! I did notice an increase in energy. But after fifty years, my mind has not caught up with my body- I often catch myself thinking something would take too much effort to do. It is getting better as I don't have to marshal my energy just to make it through the day. I am getting much more accomplished around my house and yard! Feels great!
  • ktouton
    ktouton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My son had a biopsy in Jan 2009 and confirmed Celiac. I had the blood work and it was negative, but I was positive for the gene. I went GF with him and feel so much better. Please add me also.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for two years now, after a LIFETIME of bowel problems. I was always told it was "irritable bowel' and was common with people with mood disorders and there was nothing that could be done! When a niece and nephew were both diagnosed with celiac disease, I realized that I probably had it too! I had immediate relief of the symptoms- the urgent runs to the bathroom, cramping, etc. I am afraid that permanent damage was done from nutritional deficiencies- arthritis, two huge hernias. But life is much better now gluten free! I did notice an increase in energy. But after fifty years, my mind has not caught up with my body- I often catch myself thinking something would take too much effort to do. It is getting better as I don't have to marshal my energy just to make it through the day. I am getting much more accomplished around my house and yard! Feels great!

I have had a lifetime of bowel issues, too. I have a mood disorder and asthma. All are clearing up since I went gluten-free in April. My mom was told when I was a child that I had a wheat allergy, but all I can remember doing about it was not eating wheat cereals. In April, I read an article in AARP and realized that what might be causing my problems was my wheat allergy. Not perfect yet, but feel like I'm making progress.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    I've had depression and anxiety issues all my life, as well as stomach and bowel issues. Of course docs always said it was from the anxiety. Also ever since I was young I would pick up every cold and flu out there and the colds would always turn into a bronchial or sinus infection. Found out my dad and first cousin have celiac disease so I thought I'd try going off gluten. Since I went gluten free last year, I rarely get a cold and if I do it's gone in a few days. My mood has improved so much it's absolutely amazing. No anti-depressant is going to do what going gluten-free has done. My stomach is abit better though I'm still finding there are a lot of different foods that bother it.
    To anyone here, feel free to add me. We can share recipes and other gluten-free eating tips, as well as encourage each other in our weight loss!
  • er1nya
    Options
    Gluten Free since last December!! Add me to see my diary- I find it very helpful to peek at what other people are eating for their meals!
  • tigerlily_82
    tigerlily_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    add me too!!!
  • Naezer
    Naezer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    add me too!!:smile:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - got re-diagnosed as a coeliac twenty years ago so use to being gluten free.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm a 28 year old male and have been living a healthy lifestyle since I was 16. That all changed in October of 2011 I had a 10 month health battle that ended almost 2 months ago. I woke up one day and just didn't feel right. Little did I know of what was to come. I ended up in the emergency room twice, blood pressure was all of a sudden 190/90, intestinal issues, months of brain fog and concentration problems, severe chronic fatigue, extreme depression, vision problems and more (the story is a hell of a lot longer than that). Doctor's didn't know what was wrong with me. They wanted to put me on anti depressants. Doctor's are the worst. No matter what you tell them, the answer is always ANXIETY. I was put on blood pressure meds (that never got my blood pressure in check) and they even put me on synthroid telling me I was suffering from hypothyroidism. They were all wrong and just caused me more agony by putting me on all these meds.

After suffering for months, and even thinking I was going to lose my job, I decided to finally cut out all gluten. Within 3 days I was feeling 60% better. And after a month was almost 100%. I am feeling better then ever today. It's also made me realize that I've probably had an intolerance since I was a kid. I thought it was normal to eat and have discomfort from a young age. Who would've thought!
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    Add me if you like, I am in the UK, diagnosed coeliac in January this year after years of bowel problems. I was seeing a dietician for Crohn's disease and she did some elimination diets with me and I had a dramatic improvement when I eliminated gluten, like all my symptoms went away. So she suggested a coeliac blood test. First time nothing showed, but then my blood panel showed that I didn't have any IgA at all so they ordered the TTG test and there it was. I was then put back on gluten for the biopsy but became extremely ill, ended up in hospital and they had to stop it. 7 months on a gluten free diet and I have only rare flare-ups of Crohns and I have few of the symptoms that used to plague me for years (headaches, depression, weight gain, anxiety, problems with my balance and co-ordination).
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've been gf since Jan of this year. It's still hard not to back track on some Otis, but I do, and I pay. But please, any of you can add me. It's nice to have gf friends who know what it is like to live this lifestyle.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi all! GF for 4 years here. I actually rarely think about it but i do miss the convenience of food and not having to be wary of things. Feel free to add me. It does get easier and its a lot better than it used to be. : )
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Well... I haven't got any friends on here ATM, and I figure adding people like me is a good start. I learnt early this year I have a serious gluten intolerance (Coeliac) that leads to me be very, VERY violently ill upon consumption. So I cut that crap outta my life, been loving it ever since.

Please, anyone, add me if you feel like it - and I look forward to chatting with you and sharing recipes with you in future. :)
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    You can add me!!! I just got diagnosed with celiacs about a month ago. Would love to see everyones food :D

Add me
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm a double hitter here GF & dairy free too. It is doable & can even.be enjoyable. Feel free to add me but maybe include a short message like GF so I know where ya came from. ;)