I ran my first 5k!

Options
lovekohl
lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
I did it! I finished the C25K program and I ran an entire 5k! I finished in 35:45 and I'm just so, so happy!

I remember struggling though the 60 second interval jogs but I made it! Just know that if I can do this, you can do it to!

Replies

• mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Thank you for posting your success. It helps motivate me to keep pushing forward. My next run is W5D3 tomorrow... it's the big 20 minute run.
  • rgarli905
    Options
    Fabulous you must be so proud of yourself! I am only on week 2 day 1 just completed and it is tough! I think I need new trainers as my legs end up killing me! Any advice for c25k for a newbie?
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm still finishing up Week 8 but I've been pushing to go farther each day. I'm doing great on distance (did 3.6 miles today) but my time is slow compared to yours. I plan to run a 5K event on Sat Sept 8 and hope to be in the mid-to-low 30 minutes range, but right now I'm at about 40 -42 minutes.
  • JoanPB
    JoanPB Posts: 8
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! You re definitely an inspiration to those of us who are starting out.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :) I'm so happy for you and I hope that in a few weeks I might be able to make a similar post, I'm on week 4 :) You must feel a wonderful sense of achievement, well done.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first 5k is going to be sept 8th, and if my times start with a 3 at all I will be happy! Right now my best has been just over 40 minutes.
  • mdelappe
    mdelappe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! Can't wait to say the same!!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :) I'm so happy for you and I hope that in a few weeks I might be able to make a similar post, I'm on week 4 :) You must feel a wonderful sense of achievement, well done.

I love your avatar. I have a yellow lab. He has made it thru week 3 with me, but not sure he can make it thru week 4. But guess he has to work up to it just like me.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :drinker:

I am so proud of you!!