HELP. I am confused about BMR

Options
DaNae9402
DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
Ok. I've read a lot of great posts about the difference between BMR and TDEE, but I'm still lost. I was hoping that someone could give me some specific help. My BMR is 1881 and MFP allows 1360 calories per day for me. I have checked sedentary as my activity level. I do Zumba 7 days a week for about 45 minutes at a time. I usually eat back my exercise calories because I want enough energy to keep exercising. I eat fairly healthy but I want to do what's best for my weight loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You do not ever eat below BMR. Look at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and use lose 15% goal & moderate or strenous as your exercise level, TDEE is what you would eat to maintain. Don't listen to what MFP tells you to eat, it is not enough. Eat at TDEE-15% to follow EM2WL. On EM2WL you do not eat back exercise calories unless your exercise takes you below BMR. If you are using the correct exercise level, you should not go below BMR. If you continuously find yourself going below, you need to calculate at the next exercise level up. Send me a message if you have questions but reading everything that is pinned at the beginning should explain it all!
    Lynn
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am definitely increasing my calories. MFP is too low to maintain long term.