Can I do this again?

Options
suz827
suz827 Posts: 9 Member
Hi. I'm new to MFP and this group. However, I'm not new to weight loss. Twelve years ago, I lost 180 pounds doing a hospital weight loss program. I kept it off for several years and then my life started hitting a few bumps and I lost control of the wheel. Found myself back in the same ole' rut. I have gained all but 25 pounds back and find myself over 300 pounds once again. Twelve years ago, I told myself that I would never let myself get over 200 pounds. And now look at me. So, I spent some time dealing with shame, guilt and failure. But now, I think I am ready to do this one more time.

Can I lose that much weight twice in one lifetime? I'm 12 years older and now post-menopause so I know it will be slow-going. I don't know of anyone else though, that has lost a large amount of weight more than once. Have you? Or have you known someone who did? It would be encouraging to hear of a repeat success!

Replies

• tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You sure can. Stay strong and stay on mfp, and you can do this we are adhere if you need support.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs and gain back 165lbs. I'm going to do this again. I hope I'll learn something different this time and know how to handle stress without food. Add me if you like. I think we're in the same boat.
  • KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    I believe you can do anything you put your mind to. With the right support system you can get through the tough times. Just take it day by day and hour by hour if need be.
  • mommyjgo
    mommyjgo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy humpday everyone!! I have a Facebook weight loss page that is coming up on its 1 year anniversary and it's a very supportive community for people looking to lose weight and keep it off! I have lost over 100lbs so far and I love to get the word out and help people who may not know where to start, or feel like they are in a rut. I've been there. NUMEROUS times. This journey is not a race. It's about baby steps, lifestyle changes, and I'd like to hear from you! Please follow this link to my page and Like it! I'm going to be doing a 1kx3 Fitness Challenge! I'm trying to get 1,000 Likes (49 to go!) by my page's 1 year anniversary (August 26th)! You will get to help decide what torture 1,000 of some kind of exercise) I will do to myself too (ie squats, wall-ups, pec-press', crunches, (God forbid) burpees, leg lifts, wall bridges, windshield wipers (with resistence band), toe reaches (on the wall), wall scissors, Wall slide squats etc)!!

https://www.facebook.com/uncensoredmomma
  • teral1990
    Options
    Of course you can! 18 years ago, I lost 150 lbs. Life happened and I gained all of it plus about 20 lbs back! At 326 lbs, I was introduced to It Works! and decided that I was going to loose the weight again. I started my journey 4 weeks ago and am down 10.4 lbs and 38.75". I am 40 and have always lost the lbs slower than the inches. I would love to walk with you in this journey!
  • Kit_Kat1213
    Options
    I too lost lots 10 years ago, and have gained it, plus some back :(

The reality is, I anticipate another 10 years will go by. I keep thinking... I don't want to be in my 40's doing this again, and want to be a lot less than I am now!

You Can. And will ;)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you are still breathing and you keep trying, you CAN do it.