Who loves exercising now?

Options
I definitely have noticed so much difference in my attitude towards exercise now. Funny that a loss of 20 lbs. even gets you craving for more, at least it does me. I never thought I would use the two words in the same sentence. I LOVE EXERCISE NOW! I try to take a day off, but I end up doing something to keep my body active. I CRAVE THE FEELING I GET when I exercise, if I don't I feel more sluggish. So happy for MFP and my pals on here. Ya'll keep me motivated! Tks

Di

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've always loved exercise (have an MS is Physical Education) It's just so hard when every joint hurts. Hopefully that will improve as I lose more.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to love walking more now. I find a distinct difference in my speed, tolerance, etc, if i use music in my ears. I am beginning to get more into doing toning/stretching exercises. I have big hopes to increase my activity tolerance,
    and can already feel some improvements coming on, :bigsmile: even though i am new (again) at this.

To the poster above, with joint aches, maybe if you have access to a pool, maybe being in water might help you?
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    When I started out last year, Jan 2011, I was not liking it too much. I hurt so much to even walk to the end of my block, which consists of just 3 houses! But I kept at it, and increased it each week. I was up to a mile outdoors each day, until Feb of this year when the hip started acting up. So, the elliptical is is and the stationary bike. Some days, it hurts to even do those, but I DO IT! I too love how it makes me feel. I might have to do it in 10 minute increments but I do it. I have had some people ask me in wonder, how in the world do you do all that exercise with the pain you have? I almost feel as though they don't believe I do it. I cry some days while doing the, other days I am yelling up a storm, cursing the pain, BUT, I work through it. I totally enjoy exercising now, more than I ever thought I would!
    Good for all of us, getting in some type of movement. We know it is helping us. Keep it up ladies. You all rock and inspire me for sure to keep going.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I've always loved exercise (have an MS is Physical Education) It's just so hard when every joint hurts. Hopefully that will improve as I lose more.

I know you suffer Liz, and I am so proud of all that you do, my friend:)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I know you suffer Liz, and I am so proud of all that you do, my friend:)

Thanks Di. I do what I can, like Cali--a little at a time, but do miss doing the things I used to be able to do. I used to have days where I played tennis in the morning, then went to my bowling league, then gave a few tennis lessons and later went night skiing. Oh well, am happy to be able to keep playing golf now. :)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I ENJOY WALKING, IT KEEPS ME LOOSE AND LESS PAIN. IF I SIT TOO LONG, I GET VERY STIFF. STAY LIMBER LADIES, AS BEST YOU CAN. IT;S THE BEST THING FOR ALL OF US. LOVE, RED
  • njohn1967m
    njohn1967m Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I will ever love exercising but I do enjoy it now. I know I have to keep moving in order to feel good and lose this weight. I have had one knee replaced and have arthritis in the other. I was walking but that was too hard on the knees so I switched to riding my stationery bike.

I just found this group today and I look forward to getting to know you.