Time to get this fat off of me!

Options
Hey Ladies, Im new to this site and the group. Im currently at my heaviest weight of 255 lbs. I have done the fad diets and extreme workouts and they worked and but I never stuck with it and gained all the weight back and then some. Im not use to being this big, you see I was a model some years ago. The weight gain started in my mid 20's right before I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was always sick and bearly had the energy to work let alone exercise. Over the past 10 years I have gained 100 pounds. During that time I was also married and divorced. I have recovered from having the brain tumor removed and my short and sweet marriage and now Im ready to get my body back. I met with a nutritionist a couple of weeks ago and was put on a 1500 calorie diet. Im doing good with my eating and Im exercising 15 minutes a day, Im starting slow. However, I need all the support I can get to ensure the weight stays off this time.

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! I will add you to a friend as I hardly check out the groups!
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello! You have overcome some Big obstales and you will overome this oo! I've never been this big either and its been hard getting and keeping it off! I added you as a friend so we can help motivate each other on this journey!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear you have been through it! (((hugs))) to you.

You can get this weight off and keep it off. Keep pushing!
  • cassandracaswell
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, I will need all the motivation I can get.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You've got this! You have already taken the biggest step which is making the decision to take back your life and your body. Good for you. Lot's of support and motivation here.
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    :smile: Hey! Glad you are here. I've no doubt you will accomplish whatever goal you set for yourself. Coming from such an incredible recovery as that of a brain tumor, you must be SUCH a fighter!!! I to have run the gambit of diets and am trying to just learn how to live differently where food and its role in my life are concerned. I've not yet made it to exercise, but I think it will come soon. I wish you the best in this journey and would love to be support friends. If you would like to, just friend me.
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other ladies have said. Definitely will have lot of support & motivation coming from me. I will add you as a friend. :smile:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recovery and your decision to take control of your life and body. There is much support and motivation here on MFP. You will do awesome on this journey to health and fitness
  • RobinRenee83
    RobinRenee83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    With all that you've been through, this is just another obstacle for you to knock out the way!! You can do this, and we're here to help!
  • Sade510
    Sade510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're story is so inspiring! I started my journey at 252 a little over a month ago. I started a 1500 cal diet and am now 233. YOU CAN DO THIS! I'm adding you as a friend! Don't get mad if I comment on all ya post to check in on ya! ; )