Saying farewell to Insanity

rogerbosch
rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
I'm going to say farewell to Insanity. I completed round 1 and since I was not up for Asylum I decided to do another round; but after 2 weeks now, I am bored, my body has gotten used to the exercises and even gained weight the last few weeks.

I desperately need to change what I am doing and have decided to give Le Mills Pump a go (also by beachbody.com)…

Insanity has helped me a lot and the group was really motivating, but 60 days should be enough. Anyone else has gone through this stage?

Replies

• laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    I finish this week and am certainly not going to go straight back into another round. You are right the body gets used to what you do and can adapt. It is good to mix things up. I havent lost a lot of weight on insanity but to be honest I didnt really have a lot to lose. My arms and legs look good though. Unfortunately I did not get the 6-pack I was craving.
    Once I have finished Insanity I am going to go back to the gym and do cardio machines and weights for a while. Then maybe in a few months time I will do another round of Insanity - we'll see.......
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    I'm going to say farewell to Insanity. I completed round 1 and since I was not up for Asylum I decided to do another round; but after 2 weeks now, <b>I am bored</b>, my body has gotten used to the exercises and even gained weight the last few weeks.

I desperately need to change what I am doing and have decided to give Le Mills Pump a go (also by beachbody.com)…

Insanity has helped me a lot and the group was really motivating, but 60 days should be enough. Anyone else has gone through this stage?

I'm currently here too. I finished 1 round of Insanity a couple weeks ago and have been trying to get through a second round of Insanity. I find I am bored with the workouts. I think I'm going to try P90X next...
  • I'm Also fonishing insanity this week but i'm going straight to p90x
  • laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    What equipment do you need for P90x
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    I get bored easily so I knew I had to do another program after Insanity. I found I was starting to get bored with the workouts by the end of the month. I'm doing Tapout XT and I'm really liking it. I might do Insanity again the same time next year, by that time I think I'll be a lot fitter than before (it will be interesting to see how I score on the fit test and how well I keep up) and will have forgotten most of the workout.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    When I finish, I plan to do 3 days of the Max workouts, 3 days of running each week. Figure that will give me plenty of cardio but with enough muscle work built in??

Mainly I don't want to buy another set of DVDs...they are so expensive. Is there some sort of workout video swap on MFP??
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Is there some sort of workout video swap on MFP??

That's an interesting question, but not sure if entirely legal. Being in China, I'm all for it though!

Right now I'm doing Les Mills Pump, mixed with Insanity upper body training and insane abs. Sometimes I jump on my bike and go for the Chongqing hills.

For me it's the ideal program for I'm not getting bored (yet) and I don't feel I'm overexercising (which had an averse effect with pure Insanity). My pounds have been flying off to the point that I must gain now.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    What equipment do you need for P90x

Dumbells or weight bands and a pull up bar for the chin ups.... Mostly that.

I was using 10-15 and 20 pounds dumbells and the pull up bar.
    You need these two things ...it's part of at least 60% of everything.

I did P90X in 2009-2010 but stopped (kids,surgery etc)
    Starting Insanity sunday and after i'll do an hybrid of both.

Hope it helps