Abs

Options
Can anyone give me some good suggestions on how to get rid of this stomach fat using weights?:angry:

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Doing weights, any weights, will only help indirectly by adding to you calorie burn. You need to expend more energy (cals) than you consume, creating a calorie deficit and therefore reducing fat. You will lose fat from all over you body including your belly. Sorry for the bad news.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the day after i've really pushed myself on deadlifts and pullups, my abs feel like i've done 15 minutes worth of planks :laugh:

but no, you cant spot reduce fat unfortunately
  • tamar44
    tamar44 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks well that ends that. I guess I keep working my abs and eating less fat.:smile:
  • tamar44
    Options
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Diet and overall weight loss.

I am about 25-27% body fat, but I have a flat stomach. It's all on my back and my hips, which will take exercise to get off, but I don't have a stomach because of my diet. Eat clean and exercise and it'll shrink. =) Strength training will help with that as well, but I find that ab exercises are useless. You need a strong core to do any sort of free weight exercises, so the more you strength train, the stronger your core will be, and you will shrink.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks well that ends that. I guess I keep working my abs and eating less fat.:smile:

It's not about eating less fat, you need a healthy amount of fats in your diet. Its about your overall calorie consumption. I agree with Panzeria though diet choices can really affect the look and shape of your stomach. My stomach is really affected by my food choices and hormones. Over consumption of wheat and dairy makes my tummy bloat and retain water, so while I might not be losing or gaining fat, it looks fatter.
  • tamar44
    Options
    Thanks
  • julieapreston
    Options
    A flat stomach starts in the kitchen ... here is a good article and it isn't too long! :-) Good luck!

http://realwomensfitness.com/midsection-exercises/the-key-to-a-flat-tummy-isnt-abs-exercises/