Weekly chat - Aug 27 - Sept 2

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)

Replies

• saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated this week! Let's go everyone, we're on it!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm totally motivated this week - did a hard workout today *and* walked to the supermarket to pick up a few things...now I'm trying to figure out how to eat enough calories before bed to be not-at-stupidly-low-net-calories :grumble: (normally this wouldn't be an issue, as I'm always hungry, but I'm fighting a stupid cold, which isn't helping my appetite...)

Other than that, I teach my first college bio lab course tomorrow at 8:00am. With the lab it goes almost straight until noon. I. Am. Terrified. Well, maybe not *terrified*, but definitely very nervous. I may need to do an extra workout in the afternoon when I get home just to de-stress - hopefully I don't sound like a bumbling idiot in front of my class :bigsmile:
  • slimntrim77
    Options
    Count me in on the motivation wagon. I am pumped and ready to shed this weight once and for all
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm back from holiday (Eventually) and weighed myself this AM - only 0.6kg up from before the holiday so I think that's great. Yesterday went really well, and I'm definitely motivated to stay on track this whole week at least (to start out with) since we have a function on Friday and I have a dress I need to fit in to :tongue:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I will also jump in on the motivation bandwagon! I'm doing my last stage 5 workout for NROL4W tonight, I can see the finish line from here and I can't wait to get done with this! I don't think I've ever spent this much time on something outside of my education, it will be near 7 months by the time I finish!

I'm also super excited this week as I won a bike on Sunday! I'm planning to pick up a lock and a basket for it and try to use it to get to the gym and run errands this weekend. I haven't ridden a bike in about 9 years so we'll see how it goes....they say you never forget right?

Anyway, off to work for me. Glad to see everyone's week is off to a good start.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Count me as a day late to the motivation train. I have a gym plans set with a few friends and yesterday I got my membership all squared away. Sadly, the scale was up 2.2lbs since the last time I peeked at it. Which, if I really consider it, could be a lot worse. I can't quite shake the feeling of hovering at square one for about half of this year. I guess I need to focus on the bright side and keep in mind that I have still lost weight overall and seem to have squarely reversed the gaining trend.

I am meeting with my weight loss group tonight we had taken a bunch of time off over the last month because we simply couldn't get schedules to line up. I am glad to have time back with them. I do think it would help if as a group we were making more progress. That always leads me back to the rejoining Weight Watchers question... While I find the topics a little stale at them, there are a lot of people who meet regularly and have a lot of success so maybe it would be good motivation?

We did go hiking this weekend which was nice. It had been several weeks since I had done any hiking.

Hope your motivation week is going well!

Does anyone have anything to report for last week's challenge? No one check in. At least let me know your log in updates.

Sara Grace
  • shorty313
    Options
    Hi all - I'm feeling a bit UNmotivated this week, at least exercise wise. I've stuck to my lower calories just fine but...exercise has been hit or miss. I've been incredibly stressed, and am essentially back at work full time and finding it hard to fit in everything, errands, calls, exercise. :ohwell:

Despite that, I'm so far showing a loss this week (maybe because of no exercise/no muscle repair?) so at least that's something but I really need to get back at it next week. I've given myself permission to just take this week off and deal with the myriad of other things going on in my life.

On the plus side, my daughter had her Kindy orientation yesterday, I took the whole day off and she and I went to Sesame Place afterwards and had a great day. It was very restorative (temporarily at least) and got my mind off things for a bit, and she loved the girl time. She really is an awesome kid.

Oh and I just picked up 3- 120lb bags of water softener salt at Home Depot no problem. In heels. :laugh: Was even able to turn down offers of help from the contractors.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Go Debbie :laugh: I wish I was there to see their faces!

I need to run again tonight, I tried on my dress for tomorrow's fancy dress and it's soooo tight around my arms :grumble: At least it fits but it's tight. I'll just have to suck it up princess :ohwell:
  • shorty313
    Options
    ha, typo, the bags were 40 lbs each, not 120! 120 total, lol. I'd be a rock star if i could lift that!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    40 lbs or 120 lbs, thats still awesome!

Well I'm enjoying three solid rest days before I jump into stage 6 of NROL4W. I've decided to go to Taste of Colorado with some friends this weekend but I'm going to try and stay away from the fried stuff and the frozen cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate with fresh strawberries also dipped in chocolate....damn, that cheesecake is good! Maybe if I just workout extra hard in the morning:smile:
  • shorty313
    Options
    There is NO WAY I could resist that cheesecake! :laugh:

Down 0.5 lb this week :smile: Slow and steady!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I lost my Fitbit out of my pocket today. Blerg.

Sara Grace
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SG: Booo on losing your Fitbit! Any idea where it came out of your pocket? Maybe you'll get lucky and find it in your car or your couch cushions!

Debbie: Way to be studly and lift heavy things (in heels, no less!)

As for me, the universe is conspiring against my motivation this week...My cold has only gotten worse, and I'm actually wondering if it isn't actually the flu. I cancelled dinner plans last night due to a 99.9 temperature, which quickly spiked up to 102.8 and seemed to be determined to stay there (and I was SO looking forward to pizza diavola and some tasty red wine with friends at a newly-opened pizzeria, no fair!). Thanks to NyQuil, I slept for almost 12 hours straight and the fever seems to be down, but I still feel pretty icky. Suddenly hitting my calorie goals seems like such an impossible task....ugh... (And I'm not even going to attempt lifting until this goes away.)