Some numbers showing EM2WL is working!!!

Options
holleysings
holleysings Posts: 664 Member
I posted this on my blog, but I wanted to share this here for anyone frustrated that the scale isn't moving down:

I have been fortunate enough to have four DEXA scans in the last year. Though I did not start actively trying to lose weight until February, they still tell a very interesting story. I think they also champion EM2WL.

9/20/2011 (two weeks before my wedding): No attempt at diet or exercise at this point.

Weight: 214lbs

BF%: 50.1%

Fat lbs: 107.2 LBM: 106.8

Pants size: 16

1/20/2012 (right before the weight loss study):

I had been weight lifting 1-3 days a week for TWO MONTHS at this point but not watching food intake AT ALL.

Weight: 226lbs (+12)

BF%: 48.1% (-2%)

Fat lbs: 108.7 (+1.5) LBM: 117.3 (+10.5)

Pants size: 16

Clearly, I build muscle crazy fast.

6/26/2012 (end of the weight loss study and VLCD): 1200cal/day for 14 weeks. Still lifting 2 days a week and DYING.

Weight: 198lbs (-28)

BF%: 44.6% (-3.5%)

Fat lbs: 88.3 (-20.4) LBM: 109.7 (-7.6)

Pants size: 14

I LOST 7.6LBS OF MUSCLE ON THE VLCD. NOT GOOD.

8/28/2012 (after a summer long RESET and one month of NROL4W):

Weight: 200.2lb (carrying about 2lbs of water weight from lifting the day before)

BF%: 43.1% (-1.5%)

Fat lbs: 86.3 (-3) LBM: 113.9 (+4.2)

Pants size: 12 (YES, I GAINED 4.2lbs OF MUSCLE, LOST 3lbs OF FAT, AND LOST A PANTS SIZE WITHOUT THE SCALE MOVING MUCH.)

NOTE: Water weight is actually a part of the BF%, so if you get rid of the 2lbs from yesterday's session (which I know because I weigh every day), I've actually lost 5lbs of body fat in two months and have a BF% of 42%. PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME for one year.

TOTAL LOSS FROM HEIGHEST:

Weight: -28lbs

BF%: -8.1%

Fat lbs: -24.4lbs

LBM: +7.1 (This would have been better if the VLCD didn't EAT MY MUSCLES)

Notice that in the two months since the VLCD, I have only put back on 4.2lbs of the 7.6lbs of muscle that I lost and I am a FAST muscle builder. I currently eat TWICE AS MUCH as I ate from the end of February to the beginning of June and I'm building muscle, losing fat (and pants sizes), and the scale hasn't moved much. PLEASE PLEASE EAT OR YOUR BODY WILL EAT ITSELF. THESE NUMBERS PROVE IT. :happy:

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    FYI: I only eat about 90g of protein a day (or 15%) and am still building muscle.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW amazing results!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Holley you ARE amazing! You are a big part of my daily inspiration!
  • mgall86
    mgall86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! So inspiring!! Keep up the good work!
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    SO great to look through all your stats! thanks for sharing...
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, and inspiring, set of numbers. Thanks for sharing.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Thank you so much for sharing! You're doing amazing!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is so motivating to me!!! I can only hope that I can build muscle that fast!!

Congrats to you on doing so well!! :flowerforyou:
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm a huge numbers nerd and love seeing this kind of data. Thanks so much for sharing, and keep up the good work!