Back...

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
Well i have tried this EM2WL more times then i can remember lol (okay twice). I have really struggled over the last 6 months...after losing 180 pounds pretty effortlessly this last 20 pounds just doesnt seem to move unless i workout like crazy (which i kinda do anyway) and eat 1200-1300 cals...but like so many of you I cannot do that. Whilst I would like to lose another 20 pounds, after being so big initially most people in my life seem to think my weight is fine where it is...I do feel like it is "unfinished" tho. I am guessing I am moderate level for exercise (it does tend to vary between 5-10 hours exercise per week and prolly averages about 7) and I am also guessing with theoretically 20 pounds to lose I should be doing a 15% cut...so wish me luck all...I figured worse case scenario I maintain at this weight :)

Replies

• mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow you have made an awesome change - you should be really proud of yourself! It may not be a bad thing to maintain for awhile at this weight. Your family/friends see such a drastic difference that compared to the old you- you look fantastic! (Not that you aren't a beautiful human being no matter your size) . As long as you are healthy, what size you want to be is up to you!
    I have heard that as you get closer to goal that you need to make the cut smaller - like 10%. It is supposed to be really slow. It is for me.

My first 29lbs was pretty easy - now I am struggling to lose the other 50+ that I need to lose) so it sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for!

Do you lift? Cutting back on aerobics & lifting seems to help. Shapewise if not as much on the scale. Best of luck & congrats!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    same here. first load came off "easier" than this last bit! i decreased my cut as well.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    agreed, smaller cut, lift more, reshape your body to fit into the image/size you want and let go of the scale as a tool for measurement. Take pictures and by all means BATHE in the glory of what you have accomplished. You have done some incredible work! Let your body and mind catch up :)

I lost and gained the same weight over and over again my whole adult life, worrying and fretting exercising harder and eating less. EM2WL allows me to just live, lift heavy, do normal amounts of cardio and stop stressing.

Know your numbers, eat clean, and you'll get there... That's my plan anyway :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words....I guess thats the thing...I look better compared to what I was....but to give you a example....I asked someone the other day...do you think I need to lose weight ....their response was...kowing where you have come from no but if I didnt know your history I would say yes. So because of that comment I decided I still do need to lose weight (and I wasnt happy as clothes I wore before I did the reset were still too tight for me) Cos I REALLY do not wanna gain any more and dont want to do a rest...I am eating only 1600 which is quite a big deficit for me (presuming the sites are accurate for TDEE) ... I have suddenly started losing by going back to my old ways. And while I do really think the thinking behind EM2WL is great and I wish it worked for me....I just dont think it does sadly.