Starting up!

Options
So today I'm doing round 2 of month 1 to get ready for month 2 when it comes. Sounds funny but I'm nervous to start again b/c I injured my knee & been out for 2 months. Plyo Cardio here I come!

Replies

• BigDJ75
    BigDJ75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing started the first month again to get better at it before moving on. Do you ever use creatine before your workout?
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    I did the same thing started the first month again to get better at it before moving on. Do you ever use creatine before your workout?
    Yea Month 2 is very intimidating ha. But no I haven't used creatine before my workouts. I usually have my shakeology drink about 1 hours before my workout, than I have a small breakfast after.
  • carolynwilkerson
    carolynwilkerson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I started insanity yesterday it was very interesting but I felt good when I finish. I have a question for Sgtco is creatine working out really good for you and do they have it in like a pill form I cant get pass the taste I do wnat something to give that extra energy. thanks guys for your help.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ugh! talk about knees! Mine are throbbing from the Cardio Power & Resistance I did this morning :-(....Its my fault though because I did Plyo right before, so my body didn't really have time to recover. I'm now on my second week of Month 1. Last year, at two weeks I had to quit because of my knees, but I don't want a repeat of last year. Ducks17 how are you coping with your knees? Do you wear braces, or any support?
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Ugh! talk about knees! Mine are throbbing from the Cardio Power & Resistance I did this morning :-(....Its my fault though because I did Plyo right before, so my body didn't really have time to recover. I'm now on my second week of Month 1. Last year, at two weeks I had to quit because of my knees, but I don't want a repeat of last year. Ducks17 how are you coping with your knees? Do you wear braces, or any support?
    I wear a knee brace for my workout, its like a sleeve that i slip over my knee. It helps me a lot and my knee don't hurt as much.
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've heard that its better to do the entire program in complete (month one/recovery/month two) versus doubling up on the months. You could always repeat the series afterwards?

I was contemplating on doing 1st month twice with a two week recovery and then 2nd month twice. But I was advised not to do so.

All the best though.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I wear a knee brace for my workout, its like a sleeve that i slip over my knee. It helps me a lot and my knee don't hurt as much.

I'll try the same. Thx!
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Maybe another thing that you can try is rub A535 - Arnica. Any pharmacy should carry it. Or the Icy-Hot sleeves.

I usually get lower back pains, especially with Power Jacks and Power Squats. I use the Icy-hot patch and it works wonders.

:)
  • CathyPainter
    CathyPainter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40 lbs since january. I started with p90x in January and February then moved to insanity in march as i wanted the cardio.

To date I completed the first set in march and April then did month 1 twice with recovery in may and June. My knees were sore but they have been better the stronger my leg muscles get and I always ensure I take time off to recover if they really start to bother me. With the summer months here I haven't been as committed but have continued with insanity and running or walking if I need to switch it up. I'm currently doing whichever DVD I feel like on the given day.

I love the work out. I'm always sweating within 15 min. Nothing compares to the cardio. Even my runs don't compare.

I plan on starting on month 1 again next week and continuing for the full 2 months.

As for creatine....I haven't personally used it as it will make you gain some water weight. I'm still trying to loose weight. I have another 15 to 20 lbs to go. I did try glucosamine during a month when my knees were really bothering me. It's supposed to be good for your joints.
  • Diana7021
    Diana7021 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Guys :) Congrats on everyone's success with Insanity. This is my first time ever starting Insanity and Im on my second day. It is definitely hard for me but I won't give up. Im looking forward to the next 58 days :)
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Hello Guys :) Congrats on everyone's success with Insanity. This is my first time ever starting Insanity and Im on my second day. It is definitely hard for me but I won't give up. Im looking forward to the next 58 days :)
    Thank you! Best a luck to you as well! It will be a hard challenge but so worth it in the end! Just push hard & dig deeper! Remember why you started if you feel like you can't keep going! Clear eyes, full heart, Can't lose! :)
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I started Monday and just finished day 3.
    SHeesh! This is the hardest workout Ive ever done!

Im a runner but its too hot to run in Texas right now and the TM bores.
    Im hoping to make it all the way through this.
  • Diana7021
    Diana7021 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @ Ducks17 Thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep it in mind. This is exactly what I needed since I've gained 5lbs :( and Im hoping Insanity puts me back on track.
  • carolynwilkerson
    carolynwilkerson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok day 2 done of insanity, on to day 3 this afternoon its a beast but I made it
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means, but here is something I noticed that helped me with the knee issue. When I first started losing weight, I started drilling down into my food diary and looking at my nutrient macros. I noticed that I always seemed to be coming up very short on potassium. I began to be more diligent about that number, making sure any food entries included that information (a lot of them do not). I was still coming up short. Potassium is critical to muscle and tendon health. I began taking a potassium supplement to help bring me up to the RDA. Even so, when I take 3 or 4 tablets per day, I'm still generally under the RDA. Anyway, I take potassium, Osteo Bi-flex or glucosamine chondroitin, and recently added a magnesium supplement as well.

I WAS doing C25k until I started Insanity this week. And, I wasn't having any major problems with my knees UNTIL I ran out of potassium a couple of weeks ago. I didn't make it by the store to pick up more for a week or so. I started having some pretty intense knee pain and had to lay off of C25k for a few days. I'm back on the supplements and having very little soreness even though I'm now 5 days in to Insanity! FYI, I also decided to put C25k on hold for now. I don't have the courage to do both programs at the same time.