Scale Victory

Options
CRody44
CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
Today, I have lost 100 pounds from my highest weight of 332. If my feeble memory serves me correctly, the last time I was this low was over 30 years ago. I’m going to celebrate by sticking with my lifestyle change and not by binging and gorging to reward myself. I have to break that lifetime pattern and there is no time like the present.

I know these victories are usually posted elsewhere, but I feel more of a kinship with those that are struggling with our weight to improve serious health risks rather than those trying to lose 30 pounds in 10 days to fit in a new swim suit

Replies

• conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome achievement!
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A 3-digit weight loss is really something to celebrate. Maybe you should go ahead and give yourself a physical reward that doesn't involve binging/gorging. Do you have a hobby: golfing, fishing, music (playing or listening)? If so, I'd buy a special piece of equipment you've been wanting but holding off on, that way every time you see it, you'll think of what you've accomplished. Or maybe a new piece of exercise equipment or running shoes to celebrate your success with even more success!

Oh, and LOL at "those trying to lose 30 pounds in 10 days to fit in a new swim suit."
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done an incredible achievement.

Just starting on my journey, so If you don't mind me asking how long has it taken?
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    WOW that is so awesome. I would give you a hug if I could. Oh I can E-hug ya (CRody) . Keep up the good work you Rock!:flowerforyou:
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! excellent job. That took a lot of hard work. I agree with Cameo. Treat yourself to something not food related. Do something you want to do or get a new piece of equipment.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Big G59,
    I got up to 330 (again) about 10 years ago and stayed over 300 until I was diagnosed with T2D, hyperlipidemia and hypertension in 2003. I did WW (again) in 2008 at 290 because I needed to lose weight for knee replacement, which I had in 2009 at 260. I fluctuated between 260 and 280 until I went to the hospital with Atrial Fibrillation in July 2011 at 267 and placed on an 1800 calorie diet. I started to change my lifestyle, cutting out a lot of grains and processed foods. In Sep 2011, I started eating Paleo/Primal and low carb at 252 lbs. Then, in December 2011, at 247, I stopped logging on MFP “for the Holidays”, and went back to my old way of eating. The Holidays lasted until June of this year, when, at 265 lbs, I went back to Primal eating, which I have done since then. I got really strict after some more time in the hospital in mid August at 251 lbs. It’s been a long road, but it was a longer road to ruining my health.

As the Prison Captain told Cool Hand Luke “. . .you gonna get your mind right.” Well, I think I finally got my mind right.

And I did go out and reward myself, in a big way. I just ordered a Smith and Wesson, AR-15 rifle with a Nikon scope.
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    WOW, one hell of a journey, thanks for sharing.

I love the comment "The holidays lasted till June", I can relate to that my friend.

Well done, keep up the work and enjoy the rifle.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That really is a great achievement and your reaction shows just far you have come in achieving the equally important goal of changing your lifestyle, very well done.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for you -- congrats!!!
  • CRody44
    Options
    Thank you all for your support.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wow....that's fantastic!! Congratulations and continued success!!
  • Christieson
    Christieson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good on you. I am sure you feel a lot better. 100 lbs is an amazing achievement.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Great job....keep it up.
  • shellanddiabetes
    Options
    Well done.. good on you...
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you! I really like your mindset now too. It shows how much you've really changed mentally too. So many of us lose weight, but, don't change out mindset. But, you've accomplished both quite well..!!! You want good health in your life now. I see you really achieving the rest of your weight loss goals and your other health related things in your life. I hope you have a happy, healthy life ahead of you!