Problem Foodds - Weekness?!

Options
I am trying to do low carb diet - my weekness is Salad Dressings - mainly Salad Cream - what is an alternative?

What is everyone else's weekness'!? x

Replies

• zynx1234
    zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    staying under my calories is my weakness
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do low carb diet - my weekness is Salad Dressings - mainly Salad Cream - what is an alternative?

What is everyone else's weekness'!? x

Ah, salad cream. Doubtful anyone in the US has salad cream- think it's just a UK institution!! A typical 15g serving of salad cream is about 2.5g carbs, so you could have it if you were really good and kept to a tbsp!!

Otherwise, you could make your own lower carb version (1 carb for recipe) by using the following:

2 tbsp full fat mayonnaise
    2 tsp white wine vinegar
    1 tsp splenda
    0.5 tsp mustard powder or 1 tsp mustard

Here is a good resource for salad dressings: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/misc_recipes.html
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hands down my weakness would be sweets!

Since most of my binge foods would be foods with gluten (I'm highly allergic) Its been easier to kick. I am not sure exactly what salad cream is but that recipe looks like something I might try :) Thanks Laura!
  • katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Salad Cream is by Heinz, its yum!! Really hard to use a small amount with tuna etc becuase I hate it being dry!! I am definately going to try the recipe Laura_beau - yum!!

I struggle to get to my 1200 calories when i am doing the super low carb diet - I miss chocolate etc, but feel so much better after a few days of no carbs, just so hard to resist!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I do the low carb also. I have found that ranch dressing is the lowest. Or i do lemon juice, or vinegar and oil.

Salad cream does sound good. Might give it a try.
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My weakness is the WINE. :drinker:

I can't help it. I love my wine. Though I have refrained pretty well most of the time, I still like to indulge now and again. The problem is that it really sabotages my weight loss even in small amounts.
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I can't help it. I love my wine. Though I have refrained pretty well most of the time, I still like to indulge now and again. The problem is that it really sabotages my weight loss even in small amounts.

Me too! I love a glass of wine or two at dinner.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Me three, mainly at the wknd, I have too much and then Im hungover and then I eat crap! Its a vicious cycle.

Another Brit here loving salad cream as well! I live in Aus and all my friends look very confused when I pull it out at dinner haha :)
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    There is no limit to the amount of Chex Party Mix (throw out the pretzels though) that I could eat. Well, maybe thee is a limit but I have never reached it.

High rent carmel popcorn (poppy ****, fiddle faddle .. ) is a close second, I would eat that til I felt sick of sugar.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I mindlessly stuffed my mitt into a bag of Doritos the other day and could have eaten the whole lot.

A lesson in sticking to what I know works, i.e. Real Food, I think.

And I drink a fair amount of red wine ... Hey, life is for living, right? :)
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Me three, mainly at the wknd, I have too much and then Im hungover and then I eat crap! Its a vicious cycle.

Another Brit here loving salad cream as well! I live in Aus and all my friends look very confused when I pull it out at dinner haha :)

I remember that cycle! I kicked smoking and drinking about a year and a half ago - best thing I ever did for my body because I was in that cycle ALL the time!
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    Most nuts, but specifically roasted and salted peanuts. It's hard for me to just eat a few.
  • Vnm77
    Vnm77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mmm....I've got so many high-carb weaknesses: Dad's oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, Harvest Crunch granola cereal, Hershey's milk chocolate drops....