Just finished JMBR- My results with pics

I just finished Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. My results weren't drastic (this weight has been stuck on me for several years, I can't expect to lose it all in a few months). But I'm proud of myself. I didn't miss a day. Even took a vacation during this and brought everything with me.

One thing I did different was that instead of doing her cardio DVD on Saturdays, I would instead do a big cardio day outside. Usually a big bike ride (or riding my Trikke)
For the first half of the program, I was also doing cardio (usually a bike ride, sometimes a walk/run w/ my dog) Mon-Friday before I would go home and do the DVD's. This got to be too much (mainly time wise). And I also stalled with my weight loss thru the 2nd month. So I needed to change it up- I cut back on additional cardio and actually up'd my calories a little (from about 1200 to 1300) and I started seeing weight loss again.

I really liked this program and I plan on coming back for another round. Starting with Phase 2, and really working on my form/abilities this time. Yesterday I started 30 day Shred, Level 2. But I'm thinking its not enough of a challenge now. I may try it for a week then move on to Level 3.
I am still very much motivated and have no plans of stopping.

Ok so here are my stats and some pics below.

Started on 6.4.12
My height is 5'3" and my goal weight is 133 (and once I get there, I'm going to reevaluate)
And I'm 41.

Originally Started MFP Weight at 168.5 in late March (though I fell off the wagon and came back in late May at 170)

Starting JMBR weight- 163.5 - Current weight 150.6 = 12.90 lbs lost
My BMI was 29. It is now 26.7
Fat % (as of 6.8.12) was 38.1. It is now 34.

Neck 13.75 - 12.75 = 1 in

Upper chest 38.5 - 34.25 = 4.25 in

Bust 40.75 - 38 = 2.75 in

Ribcage (just below bust) 33.5 - 30.5 = 3 in

Right bicep 11.75 - 10.75 = 1 in

Left bicep 11.5 - 10.5 = 1 in

Waist 32.5 - 29.25 = 3.25 in

Hips 43 - 39.75 = 3.25 in

Widest part of hips (ie, saddle bags) 45.5 - 42.25 = 3.25 in

Upper R Thigh 25.5 - 23.50 = 2 in
Mid R Thigh 22.25 - 20.25 = 2 in
R Calf 14.50 - 13.75 = .75 in

Upper L Thigh 25.5 - 23.5 = 2 in
Mid L Thigh 22.5 - 20.25 = 2.25 in
L Calf 14.25 - 13.50 = .75 in

Dress size was: 12. Though honestly I was squeezing myself into many of those 12's. And the others were stretchy. So I'd say I was really a 12/14.
And now, well, the 12's are either getting very loose on me/too big, or the ones that I was squeezed into now fit perfectly.
And now I can squeeze myself into some 10's.. lol.

Ok this is my first time trying to upload pictures.. wish me luck!

Picture taken when originaly started MFP in March, this was at approximately 165
iphone_001_a.jpg
150.6 After
jmbr_finish_a.jpg

Profile - Before - Taken right before I started JMBR program 165
060312_e_dressed_side_165-1.jpg
Profile - After 150.6
P1010158a.jpg

Back - Before - 165
060312_f_165_dressed_bank.jpg
Back - After - 150.6
P1010160_crop.jpg

Thanks for reading and good luck to you on your fitness journey!

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    girl your midsection and booty shrank! in the good way of course! great job!!! :) i'm about to finish my round in 2ish weeks!
  • poomash
    poomash Posts: 20
    Great Job there!! Can definitely see the change in your midsection. All the best on your journey!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Holly!! You look amazing! What a huge difference in your pics - congratulations on the results of all your hard work!!

Great idea with the additional measurements - I'm going to do that this time around so I can strive for a little more accuracy. I never know if the measuring tape is in the same exact spot as it was before, and measuring a few more zones (like 3 thigh zones) might help me get a better idea.

Congratulations again!!

:drinker:

Karen
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Oh thanks everyone!
    I wish I knew why my 'before" pics are huge. I tried resizing in photobucket but makes no difference.. Wish the 'after' were the big ones ;-)

My friend's husband just told me he honestly can't see the weight difference with me. He says he's always seen me the weight I am now. But when I showed him my 'before' profile picture, he then said "well when you put it like that... " lol.
  • hollyNhollywood
    Oh and Karen, yes, the measuring tape is a little difficult to know if in exact same spot.
    For the mid-thigh, Jillian does suggest you measure this. But for me, it was too hard to know if I put it in the exact same spot. Its not like I'm putting it at the widest or narrowest part of me. So I gave up measuring this until the end.. when it was an obvious difference. :-)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Wow you look great! A big difference around your midsection. Way to go never missing a day, that is tough!
  • mareuhlee
    mareuhlee Posts: 6 Member
    Congrats! You look great. I can see a big change from before to after. Keep it up. That is the best program ever. I, myself, finished it in May.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Great job! I'm on videos 5 and 6 right now. I've been doing my measurements as well and noticed yesterday that I had actually gained 1/2 inch in my calf :grumble: I want them more toned but not bigger! Did you notice any of your measurements go up and then go back down, maybe when you lost more body fat or something? My thighs actually got a little bigger as well. They feel better but like I said, I definitely don't want them getting bigger and staying there. This could be from not putting the tape measure right in the same spot like you said. IDK. Anyway, congrats on your success and keep it up! Btw, I have a Trikke too! So much fun! It can be quite a workout too depending where you ride.
  • hollyNhollywood
    Thanks again everyone.
    I have days where I see the difference, and days I don't... :grumble:

I put in Jillian's Extreme Shred & Shed today. I went directly to Level 2. I have to say it was a good, comparable workout. There were many of the same moves (even the crazy "wheel pushup" from BR DVD 12.. which I'm doing in my profile pic) and the workout definitely caused me to sweat. And it was 45 minutes, so I got some extra calories burned.
    Great job! I'm on videos 5 and 6 right now. I've been doing my measurements as well and noticed yesterday that I had actually gained 1/2 inch in my calf :grumble: I want them more toned but not bigger! Did you notice any of your measurements go up and then go back down, maybe when you lost more body fat or something? My thighs actually got a little bigger as well. They feel better but like I said, I definitely don't want them getting bigger and staying there. This could be from not putting the tape measure right in the same spot like you said. IDK. Anyway, congrats on your success and keep it up! Btw, I have a Trikke too! So much fun! It can be quite a workout too depending where you ride.

Hi Tubway aka fellow Trikke rider! :happy:

Yeah my calves didn't really budge much at all. But that didn't surprise me as I don't carry my weight there (I look great from knees down.. ha!) So I figured between not having much weight to lose there, and gaining muscle (I hoped), it wouldn't really change.
    Looking over my progress updates, I do see that my right calf went up and down a bit (hard to say if it was changing or just my measuring tape).
    I also had some bouncing back and forth on the chest, and even my ribcage & widest part of my hips went up one time.
    For you, unless its a drastic change, I wouldn't worry about it, its probably just the placement of the measuring tape.

Good luck with the rest of the program!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you so much for posting your pictures!!! It's amazing how much your body has changed! and really inspiring too.
    I'm on week 2, just started and haven't missed a day either (so far, ha) but I really plan to stick to it.
    I hope I get to post my before and after pictures with a sucessful story like you did! :happy:
    Best of Luck with the Extreme Shred! You'll do great!
  • Thanks for posting your pictures! You have fantastic proportions by the way :D

You look great, and your results are amazing. I'm really excited to start this programme ^__^
  • hollyNhollywood
    Thank you ladies!
    I really appreciate that.
    (And I wish I could figure out why the sizing of the pics keep changing.. they're going from teeny tiny to super size.. aaah, technology is not my friend)

And Radscorpion, you are too kind. Thank you. I've always been so self conscious of the size of my hips/bum. I knew I was getting big when my upper half started getting big too! :laugh:

Good luck w/ Body Revolution. It is a challenge!
    I know I cursed Jillian a few times. :wink:
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Amazing results! You def look like you lost more than you did! I guess it's all those inches! I got to week 6 then stopped, so I am going back to do workouts 3 and 4 for a week then back to 5 and 6. I hope to have the awsome results you did!!!
  • wow i just started today, AND YOU are definitely an inspiration , just finished the first dvd, now im pumped, you look good by the way......i hp this works for me too.....lolz
  • BrandNewAmy
    BrandNewAmy Posts: 38 Member
    You look FABULOUS!! I am in the same boat as you. I'm 39, 5'3" and started at 170 lbs. I'm down to 149 lbs. and still trying. I started JMBR back in March but life got in the way and I need to get back on that boat. Your pics (thank you for posting) are the motivation I need to get moving again. Hopefully in 12 weeks I'll be as brave as you and able to post my pics!

I have to add that I know what you mean about showing people your 'before' picture. I've had people say they didn't notice a change either, until I pull out that before pic. WOW! What a difference! I'm so glad I took that photo...

Keep up the GREAT work!!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,319 Member
    Congrats, what a difference expecially in your mid-section. You look wonderful!