Question

Options
okwldflwr
okwldflwr Posts: 5 Member
I am doing my first bootcamp (for a good cause) on Monday. I havent missed any of my JMBR and I dont want to start now. Do I do both???

Replies

• tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What are the details of your bootcamp? Is it everyday? How long is each session? Will you have time to do both? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do both if you have the time. I notice a lot of people on here are doing JMBR in conjunction with other programs. Since Jillian's workouts are so short it seems like you could squeeze in both.
  • okwldflwr
    okwldflwr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a one time deal. Until I get done, a trainer is doing a boot camp to help out an animal rescue. I have never done a boot camp so not sure of the details yet. :) Its early morning, so your right I could do both in a day. I just wasnt sure if it was TOO much LOL
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I guess I would say just try it for the first week and if you find you are just too exhausted you could either do JMBR on your rest days from the boot camp (if you have any) or just shelve it and come back to it when you are done with the boot camp. Jillian will understand, it's for a good cause! :wink:
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IMO I would do the bootcamp by itself.... she specifically says not to work the same muscle groups. You are supposed to have days of rest between the time you do one area of the body (odd or even disk) to the other area with cardio in between. She says you can do additional cardio but not strength, and I assume the bootcamp will include strength (pushups, etc) in it already. Resting the muscle groups is where growth, progress, and development happen, not in the exercises themselves.