JMBR - Workout 7

Options
KAR1959
KAR1959 Posts: 4,272 Member
There are no words. This workout is so difficult. How did you all get through it? I may never be able to move on to the next phase. Can't wait to see what workout 8 brings today.

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    workout 7 felt way harder for me personally than 9 (what i'm on this week) so it eventually does become manageable. keep at it and your body will thank you for it!
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm still on workouts 5 and 6. You're scaring me! How does it compare to 5 and 6? I'm finding those hard enough!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    theres just a tough superset in plank in the first circuit, compared to that first part the rest of the workout is a breeze. lol
  • okwldflwr
    okwldflwr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL..I TOTALLY agree with you, started 7 and 8 this week and I am HURTING!!! I also found it difficult just to work through it the first time. BUT, I finished!!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    OK, so I completed Workout 8 yesterday. I found it much easier than workout 7. Or should I say it hurt less. This week is going to be fun, fun, fun. Actually looking forward to cardio 2 today.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have found this so far with the workouts. I thought 2 was easier than 1. I thought 4 was easier than 3. I find 6 is easier than 5. I guess for me the muscles we work in the 2nd workouts of each set of videos must be stronger. So I'm guessing I will find 8 easier than 7 and so on.
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm done with BR but incorporating some of the workouts back into my routine. The first set of workout 7 is one of the toughest in the whole program. Just do what you can; even if you can't finish it, you'll get stronger. I promise!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started in July but got sick and had to quit so "re-starting" Sunday or Monday. Week 1 and 2 were fairly easy but Week 3 and 4 routines were tough... Never made it to week 5 :(
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just started 7/8 this week, they are by far the toughest so far, first time I was actually sore after a workout the next day! Given that though I felt like they are better than the previous ones. Hardest ones for me are the plank-ups because I have a hardwood floor with no mat.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Somehow, some way I got through both 7 & 8. Tomorrow will be my last Phase 2 workout. Definitely 7 was the hardest workout I've ever completed. I will be starting 9 & 10 on Monday. The phrase "be afraid, be very afraid" is running through my brain.

I must say I will be glad when I'm done but I also have to say I'm proud of myself because I wasn't sure I could do JM at my weight. I modify when necessary and do what I can. I will not finish in 90 days but I will finish. Don't know what's next but I will revisit JMBR in the future.
  • Kellylicious01
    Options
    Hi all, new to the group! I just posted this in the main forums, looking for some support!:

So yesterday was my first attempt at Week 7 WO 7.
    O.....M......G!!!!!! It's nuts!!!!! All of that plank work? UGH! I use 6 pounds for light, 8 pounds for medium, 10 pounds for heavy

Problems I had:

Circuit 1
    -Crow push ups: Can barely do regular push ups so I modified
    -Walking planks: My feet were sliding (I have a hard wood floor and use a slip resistant yoga mat which usually helps)
    -Plank ups: Third plank move in a row so no way my arms were holding. Had to modify to my knees.
    -Jack Knife Crunches: I can't keep my legs straight and get them to come up.

Circuit 2
    -Downward dog with shoulder push ups: Can't do one. Not even a half of one. So I held in downward dog and concentrated on trying to do just one push up, moving a smidgen each time.
    -Cable tricep kickbacks: My cable is not long enough for this and I fumbled like an idiot. Used hand weights second round.
    -W shoulder press w/leg extension: Finally a move I was actually doing!!!! Until rep 8 and I thought my arms would fall off. Actually switched to 2 pounds. (I have 2s, then 5s)

Circuit 3
    -Cable squats: Again my resistance band is too short. I could do these with a lot of effort though.
    -Cable tricep extensions: Again my resistance band is too short. Needed to use weights.
    -One leg push ups: At this point my arms wanted nothing to do with me so I had to modify to knees and really concentrate on form. Only think I got one or two proper forms in.

Circuit 4
    -Kneeling and lower but holding weight overhead: YAY! I did it!
    -Chest press with legs extended: Could not keep legs extended or straight.
    -Side plank with hip raises: I can usually do these with some concentration but I think because I was feeling defeated and beat down by this point I just couldn't do it so modified to knee.
    Chest Flys with legs extended: Could not keep legs extended or straight.

Was so afraid to preview WO 8 for tonight's workout!!!

Anyone complete WO 7? How did you get through it?
  • Navy_Bean
    Navy_Bean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think 7 is really hard. I am on 9 and 10 now. I felt phase 3 was only a little harder than phase 2. 7 is where it really gets hard! I haven't done 11 or 12 yet, but 9 and 10 aren't much worse than 7 and 8. :-)
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I start Week 7 next week...now I am dreading that workout! It's nice to be mentally prepared though :smile: