It has been a while!!!

Options
Hello beautiful lady's and handsome gents if any on board. Wow has this year flown by. This is CRAZY! So much has happened in my life. Some good and some bad. The good, I finally got my artwork headed down a good path. Unfortunately during this time of accomplishment, I lost my loving grandmother along with two other family members which has been extremely hard to deal with. My Grandmother has always been my inspiration. The wind beneath my wings. She was such a lady of strength and endurance. I don't think there was ever a moment that she ever sat still. She was always helping someone, in church, cooking, or in her garden. She had energy that can't be described! One of her most memorable sayings was, "It's time for me to Gitty up and Go!!!" I take that memory of her with me every single day. Just this past month I have sat, trying to find the energy to just do the basic stuff. Like getting out of bed and going to work, coming home and tending to the household. Working out had been put on the back burner along with my painting. As much of a priority working out was for me, I put it aside thinking, I just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I work, and once I'm off from work, I have to put my mind in "creative mode" to paint....none of it was happening. Thinking of my Grandmother just the other day, gave me such inspiration to get up . I realized that regardless of what life's turns are, you still have to "Gitty up and Go". So today, I got myself back and the gym and I will get back to painting as well. Life goes on. I hope everyone had a great Monday. I did! TOOTLES:-)

Replies

• Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You have definitely been through a lot and sorry for your losses. We are all here for support. I'm glad to see you back...:)
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    :happy: Awwwww I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Glad to see you back
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss and it sounds like one of your grandmother's enduring legacies is to still be inspirational to you.