Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Options
missmgray
missmgray Posts: 152 Member
Has anyone read this book? Hubby brought it home for me and I was hoping for a quick review before diving in. :happy:

Replies

• ruhruh1979
    ruhruh1979 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried. lol I downloaded it on my kindle and made it to 50% of it before I had enough. I really wanted to like it. Very rarely do I stop a book if I make it to the halfway point, but I couldn't bring myself to go on. My mom was reading it at the same time and loved it. I just chalk it up to differences in opinion, because the reviews are pretty good on it.
  • missmgray
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Usually I dive right in to whatever new book I have but for some reason this one just hasn't whispered "read me, read me" yet. Lol.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i didnt knw this was a book! iv seen the film advertised and thought that looked exciting... im now off to buy the book! thankyou :D x
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I hated it. I did the audio version and that is the only reason I finished it, as I would never have survived actually reading it.
  • missmgray
    Options
    I couldn't resist, I read it. I did find it entertaining. It's very odd though. I don't think that this whole "historical fiction" genre is for me. All in all, not too bad. :smile:

Wonder if the movie will be any good?
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    Loved the book, also loved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by the same author. I was disappointed by the movie. I really felt that the movie changed too many details and focused way too much on fast-paced action instead of actual plot.
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a total nerd for historical fiction. I just started this one this morning and I think it's going to go quickly as I'm already hooked. I love Pride and Prejudice so probably do that next, lol!
  • zenschick
    zenschick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both read it and loved it!