Introductions...Write them here!

Options
Ahem...who has the best band in the land?

G-R-A-M-B-L-I-N-G...GSU

So, I guess you can tell the HBCU I attended lol

Hello Group! I am Lily and LOVE my HBCU. I am class of 2002...but started in 1997 (did some major partying lol) and majored in Mass Communications, minor Business Administration!

Please feel free to share as much or little as you like. Represent your HBCU!!!

Replies

• Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am so ashamed. :frown: I went to Clark Atlanta University from 1993-1997 and made it to my senior year with only 15 credits shy of graduation. Every year I said I would go back, but never did. I became a mother and wife. Even though I didn't graduate, those were some of the best years of my life!!! Oh, yeah...my name is Robin. :flowerforyou:
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I went to FAMU! I graduated in 2005 with a dgree in industrial engineering. I will not discuss our band
  • domanl
    domanl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    H! U! The real HU - Howard University, School of Engineering Class of 1994. Yeah, I'm a bit older than each of you so far. ;-)
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hey Robin,

Do not be ashamed! When you are ready, you can always go back! I would for my children to be your children's age right now. Having a 3 and 5 year-old in my 30s is not the isch...yea, it sucks having children at an early age but you can ALWAYS go back and get a degree so I'm proud of you MOMMY! Family 1st...

Thanks for posting and joining the group!
    I am so ashamed. :frown: I went to Clark Atlanta University from 1993-1997 and made it to my senior year with only 15 credits shy of graduation. Every year I said I would go back, but never did. I became a mother and wife. Even though I didn't graduate, those were some of the best years of my life!!! Oh, yeah...my name is Robin. :flowerforyou:
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome to the group and thanks for sharing!

I understand your not discussing the band and respect it ;)
    I went to FAMU! I graduated in 2005 with a dgree in industrial engineering. I will not discuss our band
  • shawashanah
    Options
    The real HU...lol...now all we need is someone from Hampton University lol

Welcome girl to the group and thanks for posting. Yea, I was a sophomore in high school in 94' lol
    H! U! The real HU - Howard University, School of Engineering Class of 1994. Yeah, I'm a bit older than each of you so far. ;-)
  • cmadora1
    cmadora1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Cara! And I went to the REAL HU! Hampton University, class of 1999. Majored in Accounting. Much love to the other HU alumni, I don't judge! Lol.
  • tldsanders
    tldsanders Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tiffany! And I second that I went to the REAL HU, Hampton Univ!:) Class of 97(finished in 98), BS in Nursing.
    Rock the Blue and White!! Looking forward to possibly attending homecoming after 7yrs. I also attended Dillard Univ in New Orleans my first 2 years before transfering to HU.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    And now...some one from Hampton has entered the building lol...welcome Cara :)
    I'm Cara! And I went to the REAL HU! Hampton University, class of 1999. Majored in Accounting. Much love to the other HU alumni, I don't judge! Lol.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Alright so you got the experience of the "boot" and "Real HU"...so question? Which HBCU did you like better? I know they are totally different but...if you had to chose, which one?
    Hi I'm Tiffany! And I second that I went to the REAL HU, Hampton Univ!:) Class of 97(finished in 98), BS in Nursing.
    Rock the Blue and White!! Looking forward to possibly attending homecoming after 7yrs. I also attended Dillard Univ in New Orleans my first 2 years before transfering to HU.
  • miss_mari07
    Options
    I am Kamaria and I represent the illustrious, the distinguished FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL UNIVERSITY, OCTOBER 3, 1887!!!!!

The best in the LAND...and don't get me started on the band, because I know what's up even administratively and Champion's unfortunate passing aside, it is not all that the media is cracking it up to be.

MOVING ON--So glad to see HBCU family!!!!!!
  • Sade510
    Sade510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybpdy!

Youngsta here!

Philander Smith College in Little Rock, AR..yea yea, small HBCU but I LOVE IT! C'12. Yes, I JUST graduated!

I did my first year at Clark Atlanta University though but I REP PSC BABY!

OH AND OO-OOP to my Sawrahs!
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome Miss Mari! I never attended FAMU but know that the media is hyping up the unfortunate incident with your band. And what's sad, HBCUs often are attacked period however news rarely covers the overdoses or other drama that happens at PWIs (predominately white institutions) before Penn State.
    I am Kamaria and I represent the illustrious, the distinguished FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL UNIVERSITY, OCTOBER 3, 1887!!!!!

The best in the LAND...and don't get me started on the band, because I know what's up even administratively and Champion's unfortunate passing aside, it is not all that the media is cracking it up to be.

MOVING ON--So glad to see HBCU family!!!!!!
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome Sade and glad you are a part of the group! Please share and invite others :)
    Hey Everybpdy!

Youngsta here!

Philander Smith College in Little Rock, AR..yea yea, small HBCU but I LOVE IT! C'12. Yes, I JUST graduated!

I did my first year at Clark Atlanta University though but I REP PSC BABY!

OH AND OO-OOP to my Sawrahs!
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I'm Ebony, and I went to the BEST HBCU there is, we put the BCU in HBCU! The GREAT BETHUNE-COOKMAN UNIVERSITY, where we have the best band in the land! (SORRY RATTLERS) :tongue:

Much Love to you all!
  • CeeSeaEm
    CeeSeaEm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    AGGIE PRIDE!!!! I'm Charmyka and yes, I rep North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University!!! Aggie Pride is Nation Wide!!! Class of 2008!!!!
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hi Ebony,

Since you mentioned the Rattlers, I guess your band is the best in the state of Florida lol

Welcome to the group.
    Hey Guys!

I'm Ebony, and I went to the BEST HBCU there is, we put the BCU in HBCU! The GREAT BETHUNE-COOKMAN UNIVERSITY, where we have the best band in the land! (SORRY RATTLERS) :tongue:

Much Love to you all!
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Aggies are my 2nd fav.
    AGGIE PRIDE!!!! I'm Charmyka and yes, I rep North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University!!! Aggie Pride is Nation Wide!!! Class of 2008!!!!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much! I hope to go back one day. Right now I am focusing on my girls. Once I get thus last one in elementary school next year I can focus more on me.
    Hey Robin,

Do not be ashamed! When you are ready, you can always go back! I would for my children to be your children's age right now. Having a 3 and 5 year-old in my 30s is not the isch...yea, it sucks having children at an early age but you can ALWAYS go back and get a degree so I'm proud of you MOMMY! Family 1st...

Thanks for posting and joining the group!
  • ShaJ1
    ShaJ1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for starting an HBCU Board. I look forward to sharing, meeting and discussing topics with you all. Well.....I represent two HBCU's. I did undergrad at Shaw University, Raleigh, NC (I got that Shaw U pride) and graduate school at Virginia State University, Petersburg, Va. I have so much love for HBCU's. Oh and I will add, my husband is an Aggie Man also.