Starting in Sept?

Options
edozier
edozier Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I signed up for a 5K in December, so decided I'd better learn how to run! I'm going to start the C25K in September. I don't care what date, as I have lots of time between now and the race, but I'd love to have some other people as friends that are starting the same time so we can encourage each other along. I've started the C25K a couple times but have stopped in week 4. I think having some people that are going through what I am will be a great motivator and very supportive! If you're interested, do send me a friend request!

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you! I have the same problem, I've tried it before but stopped midway through. I'm on week 2 at the moment :)
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start tonight or this weekend, assuming the hubby is ready to start as well. LOL We are training for a 10 mile runDisney event in September 2013. I'd like to do a few 5 & 10k races before we register for runDisney so I have actual times to submit and not end up in the very last corral to start.

Anyway ... feel free to add me. The support would be great!
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just completed w1d1 this morning. I had started the program and stopped somewhere around week 6 or 7. I've been exerciing for a few weeks nOw and my stamina was better so I thought I'd give it a try again. I'm doing a 5k in November.. Will most likely do day 2 on Monday.
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I just started myself... I will be doing W1D3 tomorrow. I would love to have some company!!
  • jennyvondoom
    jennyvondoom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on W1D3 today myself. =)
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Completed week one this morning. I'm feeling good that my legs only got real heavy in the last minute of the last run. I'm actually doing the run master 5k101 program so I think intervals are a little different just did 4 sets of 2 min runs. Next week is five 2 1/2 minute runs. Thinking I may be sucking some wind when I try that. Friday or Saturday. Wish me luck!