LapBand & Burping

Options
gspea
gspea Posts: 412 Member
I was told after I had the lapband surgery I wouldn't burp anymore. Well I do have the urge to burp occasionally and cannot. But I have lately started burping! And loud ones that I don't know are coming. Haven't done it at work in front of anyone but the hubby and I are wondering why I am doing this now.

Anyone else having this issues?

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I was told the same thing with the RNY but have burped, in fact sometimes need to if I accidentaly eat too fast. My best guess is that right after surgery when everything is swelling and angry because it got poked and jostled about, things are just too tight to burp. Once the healing is set in and the pouch is taking in food and starting to digest, as opposed to soft things just passing through, the burp reflex returns.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    From the very beginning I've had deep rumblings that sound like something is trying to escape from by belly. I call it The Kraken, Sometimes it comes out as a burp, but sometimes it just rumbles away.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I burp a lot! I sure don't want that stuff trapped in my belly.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    From the very beginning I've had deep rumblings that sound like something is trying to escape from by belly. I call it The Kraken, Sometimes it comes out as a burp, but sometimes it just rumbles away.

LOL The Kraken! Love this. I had RNY not a band...but sometimes I get that deep rumbling that feels like an alien in there....Now I will think of this every time that happens :laugh:
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i burped like crazy after i got my lap band in. figured it was normal.
  • pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OMG... I'm RNY, and I burp ALL the time. And they are doozies. The farts can be quite disturbing, 'cause you don't know until they happen. Probably from eating too fast and managing to "swallow" air... it's gotta come out one way or the other.
  • LittleRiverSoon
    Options
    Ohhhh yeah, I'm with you. I have the same problem too and you are correct, it's most likely from eating too fast.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I burp a lot when I eat and get hiccups. I never had hiccups that bad until I was banded. I usually only would have 1 hiccup.. Weird I know but now I get real ones.. lol
  • sgmcat
    sgmcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I burp a lot when I eat and get hiccups. I never had hiccups that bad until I was banded. I usually only would have 1 hiccup.. Weird I know but now I get real ones.. lol

I have this problem too. i have gotten more hiccups in the past month than ever. They usually go away fast.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know when I start hiccupping I have to stop eating. That's my signal that I am full. If I don't stop, ignore it or am not paying attention I always end up refunding.