Intro!

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
Hello, my name is Suzanne, the creator of this challenge. Feel free to tell a little about yourself and the goals you would like to achieve.

My intro: Well, my biggest challenge is food and because of that reason, my weight goes up and down. I struggle with emotional eating and binging and would like to keep it under control. I have followed this series, Extreme Makeover: Edition Series and because I have gained back half of my weight, I am setting this challenge to help me get back on track again.

Starting weight (optional) TBA Monday September 3.
Favorite workouts and/or activities: Running/Training. Long Walks, Workout DVDs, Wii Fit..usually.
Phase 1 goal- 15lbs.

Replies

• mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    I'm so happy to see this post - and perfect timing!
    I too am a fan of the show and would love to be in this challenge.

I've yo-yoed between 175-250 lbs throughout my teens/early 20's - and am now at my heaviest @ 300lbs.

Emotional eating and night binging is killing me. I need the freedom. It's about weight loss -- but it's also about regaining control of my life.

I am 28 yrs old and my goal is to lose approx. 150 lbs by age 30 -- that's only 1.50 lbs per week! Totally attainable. I know I can do this with MFP support.
    Favorite exercise: walking in nature, swimming and workout dvd's.

Thank you for creating this challenge!
  • Hey Suzanne,

I would like to join this group mainly because I feel that I need support from others. I have been a yo yo dieter my whole life, and now I'm dealing with the consequences of that as I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and pre-diabetes. The way I see it I have to do this in order to have a better quality of life. I have four children and my youngest is two years old. I want to have the energy, focus and endurance to keep up with him. I also have a disabled son who is going to need help for the rest of his life. I need to have the physical strength in order to provide his care. I also just personally want to feel good about myself and be healthy. As a nurse I deal with patients who appear a lot older than they are and have many disabling illnesses. My goal is to be the eighty year old woman who is out jogging every day.
  • maylun
    maylun Posts: 2
    Hello, I am brand new to this site.. I turned 49 the other day and am done being upset with myself about my weight. I do have self confidence, but have gained back much of the 40 pounds I worked so hard to lose. I have to continue to make this a life decision, not just reaching the goal, and then relaxing about it.

I hope I can be uplifted and feel as if I am not alone with this struggle, as it is sometimes difficult to have support at home..
    I love to cook, bake and to eat.. Food is everywhere I look!. I love to nibble and snack..

I look forward to being a part of the group with you, Suzanne and Mazza.. We can do it!! :)
  • mimi818
    mimi818 Posts: 2
    Hello All - I have been trying everything to lose lbs and only lose a few to gain them right back... I had high hopes to be trim on my wedding day which was two weeks ago ... instead I was squuezed into the dress to my utter dissapoinment...the double chins in my pictures were the icing on the wedding cake =( This has upped my motivation tremendously and I know I need to move more. I am hoping this group will be the motivation to get me going! I am ready - I need to control my High BP and I am on the verge of prediabetes. Any and all help is appreciated !
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Christina (but I've gotten used to people just putting NV lol). I'm 26, married with one child. My biggest issue is food and motivation. I tend to eat for every reason other than being hungry (happy, sad, depressed, stressed etc)...and I have a quick start motivation and then burn out...then start...then burn out. Its a horrible patter. I managed to be only 9lbs away from 200lbs last year...and then I got depressed and went on a bender for 7 months and GAINED back 40lbs...ugh..:grumble:

I would really like to focus on making this a lifestyle change and not a diet, trying to manage my food by making foods that are filling, yummy and cheap...or at least 2 out of the 3, and hopefully exercise everyday. Looking forward to this.

Do we need to post our starting weight and what are Phase 1 goal is?
  • maylun
    maylun Posts: 2
    Hi Mimi.. I know how you feel! We have been planning a florida vacation in October... it was 6 months away, so I thought I have lots of time to lose some weight (lost 40 pounds 2 years ago... I have put 30 back on) then it was 5 months, now October is about 4 weeks away..
    Starting later is better than not starting or doing anything.. We have to remember that this is life long...

The pictures at my daughters college graduation made me feel horrible... We can do this! we can feel better! I want to work hard again and be in the front of the pictures, not always hiding in the back!

Congratulations on your marriage!!
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    Hello everyone,

I am so pleased and looking forward to setting goals and acheiving them. I am currently losing weight on my own and so far I am down 59 pounds since starting last year in November. My biggest challenge is late night eating. I can go all day and only eat the food that I track, soon as it gets late, it feels like I am starving. Because of this I workout at least 2 hours a day to make up for this. I'm a member of Blast fitness and I attend many classes like: Cycling, Hi-lo aerobics, zumba, cardio kickboxing, aerobic step and boot camp. I also have a lot or DVD's

tae bo, Turbo fire, Jillian Michaels kettlebell and jackie warner interval training to name a few.
    My goal is to get down to 200 pounds and have a very slim waste. I'm sooo looking forward to this challenge. If anyone needs motivation and/or support, please add me as a friend... Thank you and I'm looking forward to going through this journey together.

Let's do this people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Hey Guys,

Suzanne - Im just like you! I totally struggle with emotional eating too! Booh - I am especially bad at late night too!

I lost 20 pounds last year....took me only 7 months to gain it all back and I feel awful!!!!!! I am getting my career, education, family and life in gear and I just can't seem to kill this! So I am here, starting over with you!

I need to lose 100 pounds....I would be very happy if I lost 70 to 80 pounds. I have access to an excellent gym for free that I never use and I have wii zumba, aerobics and fitt. I have dvd's and a buddy that will do aquafit

Please feel free to add me as a friend, read my journal and kick my *kitten*! Im happy to swap recipes and stuff that work for me!

Starting Weight - 255 (sigh)
    Age - 38
    First goal - 15 pounds
    Fave workout - Aquafit and Walking
  • Yoshima
    Yoshima Posts: 58
    Hello!

I am new to this site, but not to trying to get my health under control. I am glad to have found this group, and hope it will help me reach my goals. I'll be camping all weekend, and won't be back until Monday evening, but will have my goal posted Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

Good luck to us all!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Count me in! I watch this show religiously and I like the idea of the phase goals. I too am a binge eater who really struggles with food. I have lost 126lbs in the past only to gain back all but ten pounds. Currently I would like to lose 115 lbs to reach my goal. I am excited to see how well we can all do!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    26 members already---thank you everyone for your interest and replies for joining in with me on this challenge! :bigsmile:
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Hi. This is my first time joining a group so I'm not really sure what to do. My name is Renee and I am 35. I have 2 children and recently got married (2nd marriage) to a wonderful man. Me and my girls moved from Florida to California this summer to live with my new husband. Have always been overweight. A few years ago I lost 100lbs but gained 30 back. So here I am, starting again.
  • Mechelle1967
    Mechelle1967 Posts: 24 Member
    Hey everyone! This should be fun! I, too, enjoy the show and think having the accountability to each other will help us be strong when we are weak and to encourage each other. My heaviest in Nov 2010 was 297 lbs. I am currently at 250 with a long term goal of 160. I am a 45 y/o mom of 3 (22, 18, 13). I enjoy Zumba and am looking into taking ballroom dance (I think that would be a lot of fun, especially Salsa!) My husband and I will be celebrating 25 yrs of marriage on the 19th of September and are celebrating by taking a cruise (only 17 days till we leave!). It will be a challenge to not gain while on this cruise, but my sneakers are getting packed and I having every intention of using them!
  • Hi, My name Julia. I was on Weight Watchers for about year and half ago. It got to be to much money so I came here. I started losing weight because of health issues knees and back.
    I want to lose about 15 pounds or more pounds.
  • Hi everyone! I am excited to join this challenge with all of you. I am 35 years old and a mom to 3 children. :) I want to lose about 50 pounds.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    This is a great challenge and I also love the show! My name is Skyla and I need something to kick start my butt! I lost 25 lbs the beginning of the year and haven't lost one since April. It's my own fault. I love food!!! I work out most every day, but my diet is horrible. I'm hoping with all the motivation and support from this group I can learn to eat healthy and control my binge eating. My current weight is 158 (maybe more by now). I'm going to push myself to lose 10lbs during phase 1. See you all on Monday!!!!
  • flamegirl72
    Time for the goals:

My starting weight is 268.3 (as of last official weigh in Moday)
    My phase 1 goal is to lose 30 pounds
    Long Term goal is to get to 150

I use a fitbit and my goal will be to achieve my goals each day for steps taken, floors climbed, calories burned and water consumption. As I reach my goals consistently for a week straight, I will raise them.

So are we gonna make it official.... and put an end date on phase 1? the countdown ticker?

I think we should all pick something to reward ourselves with - just like on the show - if we reach our phase one goals? What do you guys think?
  • flamegirl72

So are we gonna make it official.... and put an end date on phase 1? the countdown ticker?

oops....just noticed the dates on the group page...lol. Bring on December 1! Who wants to reach their phase 1 goal just in time for Christmas!! Woohoo!
  • Hey everyone,

I am excited to join this group. I have always been on a diet as long as I can remember. I lost the weight last year that I wanted but I have gained it back. I was unable to maintain because I couldn't wrap my head around that I no longer needed to diet!I I was so used to dieting that I couldn't maintain. Needless to say I am determined now to get myself back into my "skinny clothes" and stay there. I know with all this support we can do it!!!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to see this group! I LOVE the show! I know alot of what takes place on the show is unrealistic for most people but I'm nevertheless inspired by the amazing transformations that take place! I also just LOVE how much of himself Chris Powell gives to his clients... not only himself but his wife too! They are amazing!

I'm a mild binger, emotional/boredom eater, yo-yo dieter, lack self discipline and I admit I can be pretty darn lazy. I have been on MFP for almost a year now but got serious in Jan (new years resolution thingy) and lost 30lbs by May. Late May I hit something of a road-block and ended up having a hysterectomy that put my exercising on hold for many weeks. I havent gained weight back but I didnt lose any either. I am FINALLY getting my motivation back and getting back into a more regular workout routine.

Starting Weight - 225.6 (today is my weigh-in day)
    Age - 42
    First goal - 26lbs - I wanna be in ONEDERLAND!!! This would be 11% weight loss!
    Favorite exercise/workouts: Walking, C25K, Wii Fit, Aerobic Step. Getting ready to start either Insanity or TurboFire - havent decided which one yet, I'm scared of both LOL