zero weight loss

Options
kelly_gelinas
kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
So I have 4 more workouts of stage one, And I haven't lost any weight. I am probably up 2-3lbs, but that may not be accurate due to my period starting in the next week. I have gone down about 5 inches total in my chest waist and hips, so I am feeling pretty good about that. Did anyone else in stage one find themselves in the same boat? I know the book says that you may not loose any weight, but I find it frustrating that the scale hasn't moved in the the right direction. I eat about 1800 cal on lifting days and 1500-1600 on non-lifting days. Did you notice a weight loss in stage 2? I know it's not all about weightloss. My arms and back are getting really defined. I guess I'm just confused. I always associated success with the scale going down.

Replies

• ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im only on week 4, but I'm throwing out my scale. I've lost inches and that is what counts!! The scale lies. Who cares if I keep fluctuating between 162-159...if I fit in size 6 and size 8 clothes. My best example is that I weighed 160lbs when I got married and was in a size 10-12. I know it's hard, but 5 inches is awesome!!!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Success should be measured by fat loss while maintaining (or gaining) muscle mass. You're losing inches and therefore you're successful. Don't focus on the scale.
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Options
    I was in week 4 of Stage 1, but started over after vacation. We were on a cruise and the gym layout wasn't really conducive to the workouts so instead of trying to struggle through it - I decided to just do cardio and mess around on the weight machines.
    So, I decided this week to start over fresh. During the 4 weeks leading up to vacation, I did lose weight. I averaged more than 1 pound a week weight loss during this time - but I have a good deal to lose.
  • twinkletoes66
    twinkletoes66 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2! Iv chucked my scales out as they do my head in ! Iv lost 84lb got bout 14 to go but it's about inch & fat loss for me now !
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through stage 1 and have lost about 4 inches off my chest, waist, and hips but have been bouncing around the same 2 lbs.

The measurements prove that the truth isn't always in the scale. I know it's hard, you want to see it go down because we are trained to focus on the number. Either weigh yourself and know it may not go down but you are still getting smaller, or ditch it completely if the numbers bother you too much.
  • tilishamichelle
    tilishamichelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im only on week 4, but I'm throwing out my scale. I've lost inches and that is what counts!! The scale lies. Who cares if I keep fluctuating between 162-159...if I fit in size 6 and size 8 clothes. My best example is that I weighed 160lbs when I got married and was in a size 10-12. I know it's hard, but 5 inches is awesome!!!!

Yes!!!!! I am all about those inches! lol
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're losing inches and staying the same weight it means you're a damn badass! Who doesn't love to lose fat and make muscle at the SAME TIME. :)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am in stage 3 and have finally started to see the scale move. Just dont look at it. If you are loosing inches you are doing great.
  • NewInnerStrength
    NewInnerStrength Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're losing inches and staying the same weight it means you're a damn badass! Who doesn't love to lose fat and make muscle at the SAME TIME. :)

^^This ;)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Yup, I agree :) badass!! I finished Stage 1 and had gained 4-5 lbs. but lost 4.5 inches. So, it's not uncommon to have not lost weight. I think once your body burns more effectively you may see more of a difference.

Happy lifting!! Congrats on your loss!!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am just restarting the book for the 2nd time, since Feb I'm up 1 lb but i've gained a crazy amount of muscle. Just make sure you eat enough to fuel your new muscle! :)
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I just started. I'm fully expecting to gain some (nice, firm muscle) weight over the course of the programme. I've resolved to stay of the scale for the next few months.
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am thinking of putting the scale in the closet. It's hard for me. I'm a scale addict.
  • mercury8826
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm more than half way through Stage 1 and am not seeing _any_ difference in the scale, but I haven't measured myself in long while, so I'm looking forward to seeing _something_ change come this Saturday morning when I measure myself up. =D