Milk for cereal

Options
cwade1021
cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
Can you tell me exactly the type of milk and how much can be used on the cereal?

Replies

• littleredjd
    Options
    According to the MF center I go to each week, you can have 1/2 cup of Blue Diamond brand unsweetened almond milk in the regular or vanilla flavored with your cereal. Make sure it is unsweetened, that makes a HUGE difference in calories/carbs.

It counts as one condiment, so if you don't use condiments elsewhere, you could have cereal more than once a day.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not to be contrary, but as long as you find something close in stats to the recommended brand, I don't think it matters. I've been enjoying my unsweetened coconut milk (various brands) for 2 weeks and still showing steady weight loss. Definitely stick with the unsweetened, even though the enhanced stuff is delish, the stats are drastically different as mentioned above.

But soy/almond/coconut/rice.. whatever, I feel confident that you can pick whichever you like as long as it's silly low in calories/carbs. Calories should be like 60 and carbs close to 2 per cup.
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have unsweetened "O" organics brand almond milk I use to make my son's smoothies in the morning, I figured that might be ok.