Only 1 more week people!!

Options
Schmelvie
Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
Are you going to buckle down for this last week? Even though many of us may not still have the chance to lose the full 10 pounds, that's not really the point of the challenge. The point is that we've given ourselves a short term goal to focus on, rather than think about the longer term big picture, which can seem daunting.

What does that mean? Well, it means you can still set goals for this last week, and crush those goals!! Don't stop now just because you may have missed a few of the interim goals this month. You need to keep going for it!! That's how "healthy" happens... PERSISTENCE.

I, for one, will be shooting for at least 50 minutes of exercise every day this last week. And I will continue to track every last calorie I put in my mouth.

Look out last- week-of-August, 2012... Cuz I'm comin for ya!!!

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should run a challenge? You seem very encouraging and consistent ;)

I hope to maintain this week and lose some inches. I have a nasty cold, so I will be resting and counting my micro/macro via MFP. Probably minimal to no exercise.

If I lose some, that's awesome. If not, then I will pledge to treat myself with encouragement regardless. The scale isn't always going to be the end all to how I'm feeling or whether I am on the right track. In the past, I would get depressed and beat myself up (and ultimately binge.) When I avoid that this week...I will be incredibly proud.
  • mwilliams1974
    Options
    Are you going to buckle down for this last week? Even though many of us may not still have the chance to lose the full 10 pounds, that's not really the point of the challenge. The point is that we've given ourselves a short term goal to focus on, rather than think about the longer term big picture, which can seem daunting.

What does that mean? Well, it means you can still set goals for this last week, and crush those goals!! Don't stop now just because you may have missed a few of the interim goals this month. You need to keep going for it!! That's how "healthy" happens... PERSISTENCE.

I, for one, will be shooting for at least 50 minutes of exercise every day this last week. And I will continue to track every last calorie I put in my mouth.

Look out last- week-of-August, 2012... Cuz I'm comin for ya!!!

Right back at you - big week of exercise coming up!
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have to lose around 2 kg this week to get to 10 lbs lost and it's a bit much to lose so close to my goal weight! I'm still going to go hard, I'll be doing Tapout XT and counting those calories anyway!
  • ASchaffer23
    ASchaffer23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had lost a total of 5lbs this challenge so far, but l came down with a horrible cold and have been sick since last Monday :( So I haven't exercised in over a week now, I got on the scale this morning to see how much damage it did, and I had gained almost 3 of the lbs back in just one week! ugh this was so discouraging. I'm just now starting to feel better so I'm going to kick it in high gear this last week, I'm hoping I can at least lose that 3 lbs again :/
  • Halleeon
    Options
    Update: binge avoided! Still sick, but I had my "angst" moment and felt ravenous...ate a little more protein and dealt with the emotions another way. Yay me!
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lost 7.6 pounds total so far, with 2.4 this last week. So proud of myself for not giving up when it would have been easy to do.
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8/1: 132.0
    8/8: 129.4
    8/15: 129.6
    8/22: 127.6
    8/28: 128.2

LOSS: -3.8 ( So much for reaching the 10 grrr) :( ... but, I'll take a solid 4! :)
  • his777angel
    his777angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm gonna give it all I have this last week also!

8/1 SW 175
    8/8 173.5
    8/15 172.5
    8/22 171.5
    8/29 170.5
    Total loss -4.5
  • his777angel
    his777angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had lost a total of 5lbs this challenge so far, but l came down with a horrible cold and have been sick since last Monday :( So I haven't exercised in over a week now, I got on the scale this morning to see how much damage it did, and I had gained almost 3 of the lbs back in just one week! ugh this was so discouraging. I'm just now starting to feel better so I'm going to kick it in high gear this last week, I'm hoping I can at least lose that 3 lbs again :/

I know how you feel...I got sick along the way too. But you can recover and still meet your goals. Don't give up :)
  • Halleeon
    Options
    Grats to everyone, we are doing so well!

My cold is almost over and TOM is gone...just waiting for the water weight to go down. I gained 6 pounds of water, ugh.

Anyway, it's gone back down and I got my wish to be able to maintain thru the week...I have a feeling I'm going to drop a pound or two by this weekend.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Start: 136
    week1: 134
    week 2: 133
    Week 3: 132
    Today: 131

5 down... not the goal, but down is good!
  • JGT3
    JGT3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Forgot to send in my weights except for week 1 (facepalm) but I am very close to the whole 10: even if not though, down is the right direction!!!...will definitely remember to send in on the 31st!!!