Exercise Tracker

Options
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a bit keen... was wondering if any one else uses endomondo? Its a GPS sports tracker you download to your phone. I use it when I'm out running and it tracks your route, distance, time, calories burned etc. You can programme your stats so you get accurate results (just as you would for gym machines). You can just turn it on and throw your phone in your bag/pocket whenever you walk/run/cycle etc.

I really like it, so hopefully it will be useful for you too! ... http://www.endomondo.com/home

Sxx

Replies

• Poppy_WIWT
    Options
    I'm tempted by all these clever things, lots of people rave about FitBit too but I need to investigate it all a bit more. Anything that can turn exercise into a game and make me compete against myself is a very good thing in my book! x
  • leomcleman
    Options
    Strava is probably the equivalent in Cycling. It is "social" so you can "virtually" race other commuters on the morning ride to work. Not sure this is wise though. There are people "racing" on public roads filled with buses, taxis, white van men etc.
  • Poppy_WIWT
    Options
    Never heard of Strava, that sounds crazy!

I went to the gym with my sister earlier and it was amazing how much easier it was to row when it seemed like a race against her next to me. I feel the need to say I won. I WON!
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YEAH YOU DID!!!! Everything is easier when there's someone to watch you fail... Sad, but true!!! Well done gorgeous xx
  • Cleopatraspeaks
    Options
    When I go running (read: jogging) I use addidas micoach on my iphone. It does all the GPS stuff to track your speed, route, calories etc but you can set up pace zones so it will tell you when you are going too fast or too slow. Much better fat burning to run intervals instead of just one flat speed the whole time.

Even better though, you can have some inspiration people tell you to speed up and slow down, how far you've gone and that sort of stuff - currently I have Jess Ennis :)

You need to go to the website to choose a plan - there are loads and not just running. Then download the free app and that's it.
  • Poppy_WIWT
    Options
    These new apps blow my mind....the Nike one is supposed to be amazing too. I really need to get on it as they all seem to be free x
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    c25K, Ladies, the only app you'll ever need - free and it makes you feel like a champion!!
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ah really enjoyed using that...but then you have to get out on your own! Which week are you on?
  • Cleopatraspeaks
    Options
    Nike+ vs Micoach... I've used both for a long time and just find the micoach gives you a lot more feedback when actually running. Its got me round a few half marathons (albeit very slowly!).

I also have a yoga one but I feel like a muppet having to keep looking at the pictures to see where various body parts should be. Kind takes the relaxing bit out of it....
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 8, once I've overcome this cold I currently have. 2 more weeks until 5k, so excited!!
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    I also have a yoga one but I feel like a muppet having to keep looking at the pictures to see where various body parts should be. Kind takes the relaxing bit out of it....

Me too, a Pilates one! I also use Sky+ to record all the aerobics and Pilates channels while i'm at work and do them in the week...although haven't done it for months!
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to download an app like that for my phone...but I don't own a smartphone, just a standard cell phone that came out in 2006. So I can't download apps, and can't afford the new smartphones where I'm already paying off a new bed.
  • adoniaw
    Options
    The 6 Pack Abs workout from Adrian James is great - it has full workouts for different levels of fitness (with instruction videos) and he looks like THIS... http://www.sixpackproductions.com/index.html

Always a bonus... :)
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    c25K, Ladies, the only app you'll ever need - free and it makes you feel like a champion!!

I am doing this at the moment (on week 2) and loving it, finding it easy and really getting results! And i HATE running!!