Significant Others

Options
123457»

Replies

• Bxwarren13
    Bxwarren13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a full inch, inch and a half shorter than me. Haha, amazingly not that many people notice because I have BAD posture but when I stretch and stand tall around friends/family it is immediately noticed how much taller I am than him. haha :)

He loves it tho, so it doesn't bother me. :)
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    my brother in law introduced me to my hubby at a bar, I am 6'2" he is 6'1" but he swears he is taller, he goes by his licence and he had his army boots on when they measured him LOL flat footed I'm taller ;) been married 14 months together almost 4 years <3
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can never seem to find a tall guy that is interested in me! My last boyfriend was the same height as me but I would love to meet someone that has a few inches on me. From my experience, short guys seem to be infatuated with tall women, and the tall men seem to love the tiny little petite girls....I don't get it!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Argh! My husband is 6" shorter than me, and I *hate* it when people tell me "Wow, I could never date a guy who was shorter than me!"

I mean, seriously? Why is that okay? Would you proudly inform me that you couldn't date a guy who's skin was darker than yours, or whose nose was smaller, or cheekbones higher than yours?

I realize everyone's tastes are different, and if you don't want a short guy than don't have one, but when did it become cute to tell everyone "Tee hee, I allow people into my life based on uncontrollable physical attributes!"

Grrrrrrrrr. Them grapes is sour.

my eyes are watering from those sour grapes! :laugh:

I've dated guys a little shorter, but only ever dated someone A LOT shorter in middle school. Back then, I didn't have much of a choice - I had had my growth spurt, but most of the boys had not!

for me, I guess it's a bit of an insecurity thing - it drives me crazy to have people constantly comment about how tall I am, and I hate being in a situation where I am made to feel giant and beastly. I definitely need to find a bridge and get over it, but for now, that issue is definitely there. I wouldn't equate it with a race issue or a disability issue or a looks issue, etc... at least, not for me. It does not feel the same at all, and it definitely isn't something I feel because it's, as you say, "cute".

All that being said, if I met a great man who was just right for me in all other ways, I do hope that I'd get over myself and welcome him into my life. I definitely wouldn't turn down a date with a person shorter than I am, but I might have some reservations going into it!

It's all irrelevant at the moment, anyway... I definitely don't think I'm putting "happy, healthy, emotionally good for you" vibes out into the universe these days, but I hope to be there soon! :blushing:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Very cute stories everyone!

My husband is a shorty, at least compared to me. Really he is average-ish at 5'9". I think all the years of doing road marches and carrying 50+ lb bags in the army shrunk him down a bit, or else I've kept growing. I'm 5'11 (really about a 1/4 short of 6', but i round down lol).

I don't wear large heels anyways, so I usually don't tower over him. That said, I think it's kind of cute to look down into his eyes when we stand next to each other. :laugh: Luckily he has a large frame, so he at least takes up more space than me. He also manages to have larger hands than my giant man hands.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my man is 6'3" :D Our 1 year anniversary will be November 20.