Interest in a MFP Race

Options
ATclassof2021
ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
Was wondering if anyone had any interest in finding a race (in the spring (March/April)) where those of us on this site could meet up and run a race together.....maybe a half marathon???? Would anyone be interested?

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I see you live in Knoxville, My daughter and son-in-law live just outside of Knoxville on Fort Loudon lake. The CMM is in April. I would be interested in that.
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I ran this race in the spring......great race and what a blast with all the support, live bands, and plenty to look at. I would be up for running it again!!!
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Depending on where it is, yes. I can't travel because of lack of funds. If it somewhere in the San Francisco tht would be easiest for me unless someone wantedto pay my way. Or, you all could get together for your race and I could find a race and pretend like all of you are there. I do have a suggestion if you are interested. In May in San Francisco, there is the Bay to Breakers. It is a 12K and starts downtown near trhe San Francisco and winds its way to Ocean Beach and right between miles two and three is what's called the Hayes St. Hill. This is a series of blocks where the hill gets progressively steeper with each hill until you are almost crawling up the lat one. Then, it's almost down hill from there. This hill makes or breaks the winner every year. As a mattr of fact, the person for the U.S. that came in fourth in the olympic marathon, Meb Keflezighi, ran it this past year and finished fourth there. If you want to come do that you can friend me and I can then have contact with you and we could do that. It would be fun.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm in Auckland, New Zealand. If you wanna come here, I'm all in!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun but March & April are two of the busiest months of my year (tax season......)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'll most likely be doing the Riverbank Run 25k again in Grand Rapids, Michigan in early May. I did it this year for the first time and it was amazing! Honestly that's the longest race I've run so far and after I finish this marathon it may be my longest repeat. I love half marathons and this is slightly longer but not as insane as the marathon. I do have to finish one though. Just to do it, you know.