New to the group

Options
Hey! This group is exactly me... I'm looking for support through these last 10-20 lbs and some serious motivation because it is so easy to make excuses when trying to lose weight when you're not that big to start off with. I really want to commit this time so I'd seriously appreciate some friends who won't take my excuses and will push me to reach my goal. Thanks for reading guys and any friend requests would be awesome :)

Replies

• BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Me too girl!!! I'm here for ya:) I'm starting off strong and committing to keep it that way! Good luck, I'm sure you'll kill it!
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up a while back, I only had about 5 lbs that I wanted to lose (they're so stubborn!) but I totally fell off the wagon this summer and now it's closer to 10 lbs that I'd like to lose. I'm 5'3" on a good day and now weigh 136. I have to admit, I'm in a slump - I feel badly that my clothes are tight and I feel badly that I fell out of shape. It seems so hard to start over again. But I figured I'd just get back on the wagon and do what I can. I'm going to start training for a half marathon that's in January and I have a boot camp that starts in a week and half. My immediate goals are:

- drink lots of water
    - have more little meals instead of three big ones
    - cook healthy (but hopefully very flavorful) meals
    - figure out a way to carve out time in my busy day to exercise

The thing is - I *love* food. I can easily eat as much as much 6' tall husband and I have a LOT of trouble telling myself no. I feel like I've been perpetually wanting to lose 5-10 lbs and I can never seem to keep it off for good. I'd love to have a group to check in with and sort of be accountable to. One step at a time...
  • PRECISELYKEY
    Options
    I'm so happy to find this group. I get strange looks and comments when I talk about working out and eating healthy. People don't seem to understand that when your slim but buy toned its just as based ad being obese and I'm trying to prevent my body from ever getting there. I'm 5'4 and I want to lose 15lbs. Not because in concerned about a number but I know the weight I feel at my best. Oh and I want to look great in my birthday suit.
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind looking good in my birthday suit, either. In fact, I was thinking when I reach my goal, I might get a new bikini and take a little weekend getaway trip with the hubs. It would be a reward for both of us! ;)
  • jkchampton
    Options
    Hi. I would love to add you as a friend. It says you deactivated your account though:(
  • jessicatabata
    Options
    Im new to the group as well and look forward to bouncing ideas and thoughts around . I am totally frustrated at the multiple mixed messages that I read and hear from people. Everyone "swears by" something and usually its totally conflicting . I realize I have to find whats right for me but Im beginning to be a little dumbfounded.
    I lost 40lbs 4 years ago and have maintained my current wieght of 160 at 5'9. Well thi sis about 15lbs from where I would like to be . I cannot seem to drop anymore weight . 3 months ago I started either running 2 miles a or riding 10-15 miles on a bike at a quick pace a nminimum of 4 days a week. I gained a few lbs and my pants are tight in the thighs ! Ugh.
    I have always eaten fairly healthy . Lots of veggies and protien and fewer carbs but I cant seem to budge. I can loose weight going no carb but that is not realistic to my job or lifestyle.
    At any rate , Im going to give this the ol" college try , I have 8 days in Jamaica in November and it would be great to feel good.
  • Loveableme05
    Options
    we all need help and we can help each to keep push our self into the right direacation that goal tht we have set and being determind that all:happy:
  • aligirrrrl
    Options
    Hey everyone! Along with others I'm so happy to have found this group! I'm a super active college student and usually eat pretty healthy... I'm within my healthy weight range but would just love to look fit and strong! Would love more mfp friends for extra support and encouragement!
  • lauogle
    lauogle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are in the same page, I'm very active, eat healthy meals, exercise almost every day but my problem is, have 2 strong weaknesses wine and sweets.. During the day I have no problem with my choices of food but when the night comes I start craving wine and sweet snacks HELP!! Those 2 aren't helping me to get the abs I want badly!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, I just started a form of intermittent fasting, I only eat in a 10-hour window. I picked 10am-8pm and it seems to help, so far, with the drinking, I haven't been drinking because I know I can't drink after 8pm so I don't bother at all.
    I am going to phase in different challenges over the next 8 weeks while keeping the previous one, so I will eat in the 10-hr window and workout every other day, then add geting 100 grams of protein each day, then keeping calories under 1500, then I will try carb-cycling, 2 days of low carb followed by 1 day of high carb.
    will let you know how it works out-I got a mermaid costume for halloween:happy:
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yeah working on losing those last 16 pounds, 9 down just 16 to go !! Almost there!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose that last 16 lbs, the ones that crept on in university 10 years ago and took up permanent residence. I don't follow a specific diet, just eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise almost every day. I'm looking for friends similar to me for mutual inspiration and motivation.
  • sunsideup1
    Options
    Hi Friends, I just joined the Group and find you all really inspiring!!! I'm about to go for a run and just ordered P90X to get lean and toned and get back on the wagon of eating healthy and feeling good. Thank you for your motivation and links to great resources. With help, I am really excited about what lies ahead. Wishing you all a great start to the weekend :-)
  • VegasStage
    VegasStage Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this group! Restarting my diet/workout today. Need to get serious about it. Have to fit back into costume asap. Just need 5 pounds and it isn't the same talking to those who need to see big results with weight loss. Good luck to all of you!
  • brix24
    Options
    Hi team, I'm jumping in to the group too... I have about 15 pounds to lose and I guess I'm keen to lose it by Xmas. I am 'refocussing' this week and will be aiming to eat a bit cleaner and drink more water. I'll do this till the end of the month, then I'm in Fiji for a week so all rules will go out the window, however I will be doing some long runs when over there. Then when I get back I'll be back into it. I also want to cut back my body fat which according to my scales is a frightful 28%.

My stats as of today are (BTW I'm female & 5'8'') -
    76.2 kilos / 167 lbs
    28.5% body fat
    52.2 % water
    32.6% muscle

Clearly I'd like to lose BF and maybe get to about 23% by Xmas - I'm not too sure what that will mean my muscle mass will end up at. I run to work/gym/home (only adds up to about 30 odd minutes) and 2 x upper body weights and 2 x lower body weights at the gym each week. I'm looking to add in longer runs, particularly on Sundays. I used to run 90 mins on a Sunday so I should get back into that.
  • tgirltravels
    Options
    Welcome, this site has really helped me stay focused..I am 62yo who has never had to diet! Now I do... I have logged in every day for 35 days and have lost 7lbs. Doesn't sound like much, to me it is wonderful. Because I am losing it slowly I think it will stay off longer, unlike the fad diets. I think I have to cheat once in awhile to stay focused, so don't be too hard on yourself, but DON'T cheat on your food log. Would love to help you keep on track, and have you help motivate me.
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 5'2" female
    113.4 lbs/51.6 kg today
    29% body fat last Wednesday.

I'd like to see 105 lbs on my scales as last year I was happiest at 48 kg (sorry I'm jumping between lbs and kgs. I operate in metric system, but found that lbs weight change is more sensitive, so I got better control), however, what I would really like is to get rid of my body fat and be around 20%, so I can see my abs for the first time in my life. I'd be happy with a 4-pack, a 6-pack is just a dream for me at the moment.