How should we do this?

Options
StephannieL
StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
TBellamy- do we want to log in our time somehow with the group? Like weekly time totals? This is gonna be fun! =)

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It sounds fun! I've done about 5 seconds of plank in my entire lifetime so this will certainly be a challenge.
    I'm not really sure how to log it either.
  • Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    TBellamy- do we want to log in our time somehow with the group? Like weekly time totals? This is gonna be fun! =)

^^ That's a great idea! Maybe everyone can submit how many and how long per week? Can't wait to tighten my mommy tummy!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OK - never done one of these challenges before, but I am game! I will be planking during the commercials while I watch tv at night.

Let me know how to set myself up for this challenge! :)
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could have a new "topic" for each week of the month (1st-8th, 9-15th, etc), and we each post how many minutes we have done so far? or we could report daily, if that would be more helpful for motivational purposes?
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For the picture it needs to be a person doing a plank so people will know what it is!! I say weekly that is a great idea!!
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    Maybe we could have a new "topic" for each week of the month (1st-8th, 9-15th, etc), and we each post how many minutes we have done so far? or we could report daily, if that would be more helpful for motivational purposes?

I agree. It seems like daily would be best for those who are unorganized (*raises hand*) and to just motivate eachother that we are all still actively doing it!

ETA: Maybe 1 thread per week where we all discuss how much we accomplished each week and can check in daily if we choose.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Great Idea! I am excited to get some good "Core" workouts in!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    startting level 2 of 30 DS tomorrow and I'm pretty sure there are some planks there, if not I'll do them separate.
    I'm IN!
  • 4schrocks
    4schrocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OK - never done one of these challenges before, but I am game! I will be planking during the commercials while I watch tv at night.

Great idea to do them during commercials! First football game of the season tonight and planking during breaks it'll be. :wink:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

great idea--I wanted to start doing my pushups and situps this way too, will just have to add planks...
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like the thread per week idea, we can keep replying with motivation and totals to keep it bumped. The hard part will be catching it the first time around. We should format the title of the thread so we can all search for it....thoughts?
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options

^^ That's a great idea! Maybe everyone can submit how many and how long per week? Can't wait to tighten my mommy tummy!

Okay, my first challenge here. I'm excited and curious how I will do. I would love to know how long some are holding their planks for too... I think that would be interesting to see. Anyone else?
  • hunderwoman
    hunderwoman Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like the weekly thread, but I would probably have to check in daily, or every few days. It will hold me more accountable. HA HA HA. Otherwise I'll literally get stuck doing 60 minutes in the last week. :-) Honesty at its best.

Lisa
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    So I think we could start a new one weekly named "Week of 01 through 07", "Week of 08 through 14" (or something similar) etc, and then optionally discuss our daily progress throughout the week or check in weekly as we choose?

That might work for everyone.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    You can log in everyday or once a week

example 5min/60min and so on. or however you want to label it as long as its in a way everyone knows how much you have done..
    Its goona be fun!!! September 1 is the start day or if thats you rest day start on the day you start back working out. :drinker:
  • AlizaBrandon
    AlizaBrandon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is great. I worked out last night and it was painful clear how weak my core is. This will motivate me not only to continue to work out (I'm in week one of Insanity) but to target my core. Great idea!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I wrote some rules, go check them out. Not to crazy, 60 minutes of planks is crazy enough :wink: LETS DO THIS!!!!!!
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes!! This will finally address my roundness in the belly!! I've been working on them this month. I can do three so far lol then I quit.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is the type of challenge i need i will be practicing before the 1st so i can get the hang of it.
    Good luck to everyone
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this is a great idea.

for those of you -like me- who have trouble keeping count. either add in the notes section of the exercise log every day, OR make a ticker (tickerfactory.com lets you do free ones) and update it and then link it here. i will probably log in notes... just b/c i'm there every day ANYWAY.