New and excited

Options
lbrown
lbrown Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to this board. I'm a 43 yr old Mom with 3 children (14, 11, 4) and I work as a Radiation Therapist. I have always been overweight. Always seems to be on a diet but only to lose and then gain the same 20 pounds. A few years ago, I lost 60 pounds! I felt awesome. However, because I lost the weight, I unexpectedly found myself pregnant (I hadn't been able to get pregnant before that---my first two kids were adopted) and I gained back all the weight. Well, the baby is now 4 and I still haven't lost the weight and I am feeling it. So, I am here to commit, learn and lose it again. I would love some new friends to help me along the way.

Lynn

Replies

• NatashaRuz
    NatashaRuz Posts: 223
    Options
    HI :)
    Welcome!

I'm 44. I'm an empty-nester, but some life changes a decade ago ended up adding 60lbs to my body. I'm here to lose those pounds and then some!

Happy to be walking the path with you :)

Tash
  • SuzyLG
    SuzyLG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Suzy, I am new, I've been using MFP on and off for awhile but this is the first time joining a group. I have also lost and gained, I lost 80 lbs. around 2001 and have gained it all back. :-( I have 3 kids 18,15 & 9. I would love to connect with some other Moms who would like to get healthy!
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is a great support group. I go to myfitpal because my friends never seem to "stick with it".
  • iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Anyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • twonkieone
    Options
    hey!! i'm w/ you!!! gonna friend you so we can do this together! i'm a mom of 5 (ages 13-3) and full time teacher ... time is limited but i get to the gym 5 days a week and have lost 8 pounds this month simply by keeping track of my food and, honestly, actually eating enough. go us!!!! :wink: