Post Op Support

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
Going to my first official Post Op support group meeting. Very excited. Do any of you attend meetings? I have used this group as a virtual support group and I hope this live meeting is as great as you all are!!! :love:

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have not gone to one yet since they are on Saturdays here and I work weekends. I do belong to two different very active online support groups through facebook though. There are even people that live locally to me on them both :)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was very active in support groups the first few years, then real life got in the way. I should try to squeeze it in, but I've maintained at goal for almost 3 years now so I don't worry about it so much. I do get a lot of online support from OH and fb and here, of course.
  • 130down
    130down Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 14 months out and I have attended 17 monthly meetings (I went to a few before surgery). My surgery center also has special meetings for anyone over a year out. They are very helpfull and I strongly suggest you attend.
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The program that I went through a has mandated 12 weekly after surgery workout/education sessions. So yes, I'm just finishing those up now. There are also voluntary monthly meetings, I'll probably start doing those after I finish the weeklies.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found you :)
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The meeting was great. It is through my work place (hospital) where we have an excellent bariatric program. Several co-workers attended and we had a great time talking about our journey and being very honest about things. Loved it...definitely going back!!!